Camacho Candela

Joined Jun 2007
55 Posts | 0+
Wisconsin northwoods
Camacho - Robusto
A member of this forum sent me a few cigars, this was among them. I had never smoked one before. It was a Camacho, their normal brown wrapper. Don’t believe it was a special line or anything. I am guessing it is the Candela Monarca.

1) Aesthetics: Robustos are my favorite size. This sported a beautiful example of the Candela wrapper. This is a good looking stick.

Score for aesthetics: 4.2

2) Pre-light Construction: Firm smoke. Well packed and has some heft to it. The candela wrapper is veinless. The cap is a bit askew, but only as you take a moment to consider that.

Score for Pre-light construction: 4.1

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Easily lit, and it burned evenly to the nub. Never needed a touch-up. The ash was strange. It was a bit crumbly. But, then I was outside and that might have had something to do with that.

Score for post-light construction: 4.0

4) Flavor and strength: It never came out and slapped me upside the head, but it was a flavorful. Not really full-bodied, but not mild either. There is a nice woodsiness to it, hints of cedar and slightly sweet. It changed character as I smoked it, building in complexity. I was concentrating on my boy’s soccer game, so some flavors I never really identified. Of course, I didn’t try to hard. I did think, “this is a great cigars!”
Score for flavor and strength: 4.1

5) Aftertaste/Finish: Nothing that lingered overly long on the palate. The finish was ethereal and elusive. Only having one of these to review, I couldn’t compare and consider deeply what some of the flavors in the finish (and in the flavor department) were.

Score for aftertaste: 3.4

6) Aroma: Being outside, I never really got a good grasp of this. The breeze took it away before I could really get a handle on it.
Score for aroma: N/A

7) General Comments: This was a wonderful change of pace. I appreciated this smoke immensely. Might have to look for these.
Overall score for the cigar: 4.0

I’d like to thank my benefactor for this cigar. It was enjoyable and certainly appreciated.

Todd

The Camacho Candela are a light green color. I rec'd one from Sgt. Devildog some time ago. Still resting ......

My bad - I meant to say that the Camacho band labeling the cigars is their normal brown band. Yes, the wrapper was candela - green.

My apologies.

Todd

No apology necessary!

I'm glad you enjoyed your smoke though, And Kudos to the brother who sent it to you!

So how did the boy do in the soccer match?

Nice review! I'm normally not a huge candela fan, but I like Camacho. I'll have to give this one a try. Hard to find around here...I'll have to bug the Camacho rep next time he's in town.

The soccer match was very close. The refs had issues though. They're high school soccer players, so perfection isn't expected. This is the oldest age bracket for youth soccer - 11-14 year olds. This is supposed to be the "gearing them up for High School" bracket... But, when neither ref is even over the center field line when a goal is scored and they're asking the coaches, did it go in? There are issues. So, while our kids lost 3-2, there were other goals that should have counted.

Hey, they had fun. My boy played a great game. And I let him know it.

Todd