• Select

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corojo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Joined Mar 2006
845 Posts | 0+
Michigan
Those familiar with Camacho cigars and Julio and Christian Eiroa probably know about the bet they made, Camacho Select is Julio's blend and Camacho Corojo is Christian's. Whoever sells more cigars in the first twelve months wins the bet. My question is: What is your choice? Which do you prefer? I have one of each resting for now, it's almost time to do the testing but I wondered what everybody else here thinks?

I was really hyped when they released the Select. I am a huge cameroon fan, but I have to say these cigars didn't do much for me. The Corojo on the other hand, well, they speak for themselves.

I have no idea. I haven't even seen a Select yet. Local shops don't have them, and c.com doesn't either. The Corojo's all over the place though.

I think Julio's a real long shot to win this bet, even if the Select has a much wider appeal. The Corojo is just so far ahead in placement and availability that I think it'll be hard for the Select to catch up.

The Select also doesn't seem to be all that well marketed. It didn't even come up when the Camacho rep showed up at the local shop for an "event" last Friday. The marketing materials seemed to mostly be about the Corojo. The cigar the staff & regulars seemed most interested in was the new Corojo Maduro. It has a maduro Corojo wrapper, rather than maduro wrappers from elsewhere over Corojo fillers and binders found on the existing lines. Alas, no samples. He did drop off samples of the Legend Ario with Corojo and Maduro wrappers for the manager of the shop though.

I have tried the corojo, new corojo maduro, and the select. I am not a huge cameroon fan and thought the original corojo is going to take the bet. However, just as a heads up. For those of you interested in trying the maduro, it is really the same thing as the corojo dark which is being retired. Now that they are sungrowing all of their wrapper, they are using the upper primings for a maduro wrapper. This means that the maduro should be somewhat more like the diploma in terms of strength and flavor.