Camacho Storage

Joined Jun 2005
52 Posts | 0+
Warren, OH
In the past I have bought Camacho sticks about 3 to 4 at a time. To be honest, their stay in my humidor was short lived. However, there is a big Camacho sale going on at one of the local tobacconists (Buy 1 box, get 1/2 box free).

I have read on some of the posts that Camacho sticks are a 'bear' to store. Is this true? If so, what is the approved (from experience) humidity and temperature in the humidor?

Any advice ASAP would be appreciated.

:thumbsup:

I have a bunch of Camcaho's...a couple boxes of Diplomas, Corojo's etc....I keep them around 65% humidity....as long as they are at a constant they should be fine...

I have never had any trouble storing them....although the diplomas seem to be more of a fragile stick, I just don't fuss around with the boxes too much....

I find all my smokes smoke better at a lower RH, I keep my Fuente stuff in the low 60's%, my cabinet at 65% and another desk top sort of does it's own thing but remains constant at 68% and I don't even have a humidifier in that one! My work humi sits around 62% pretty constant.......

I guess I prefer it lower.....

And I swear by keeping my Opus at a Lower RH, I never have any burn issues with those!

Scott319

The Camacho Deal you speak of is the Havanna House in Warren correct? I saw one of your posts.
How long is the deal running for? I'm from SW PA and we have a facility in Warren. I may have to make a trip up there next week.
Do you think their supply will hold out?
Is it in the East Wood Mall?

I just got my Humi to 62%, I'll let you know how the Camacho's smoke. I think that I'm agreeing with Cigarsmoka on the lower humidity, I sometimes have to work on the draw with them.

If I had a brother that was going there....I'd give him money to get me some!!!!!

hint hint :D

Razor

The Camacho event is Saturday only. And you are 100%, it is in the Eastwood mall. I will post a scanned flyer (for the event) ASAP.

i find 67% to be the best for my camachos. WHAT YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL OF IS KEEPING THEM OUT OF HUMIDIITY TOO LONG. They dry up very very quickly. When you get them, let them sit for at least a few days and if you want to smoke one dont let it sit out of the humidor too long first.