Candelas - Love or Hate Them?

Joined Oct 2005
2 Posts | 0+
Parker, Colorado
[/b]Camacho Candela...
I stopped by my cigar shop as I do every payday, and was surprised to see a candela! And priced at $5, too! I included that with an Acid Nasty & a CAO Brazilia. I mentioned to the owner that the 1st cigar I smoked from the box he sold me last payday (La Fontana Davinci's), had 'cracked-up' as I smoked it - fresh out of the box/wrapper. After letting them rest in my humidor, they smoked smooth as a baby's ass! He gave me an Oliva Grand Maduro to replace the bad smoke. But, back to the candela... my first exposure to the sweet green wrapper was through AYC Grenadiers & Optimos (machine made short fillers). More recently, I ordered a box of Iguanas from Thompson Cigar Co., and was delighted with a smooth 'sweet' treat! I'm smoking the Camacho now. Saw while surfing, that it was made for St. Patricks Day 2005. What a mellow, smooth & lightly sweet (in a green way) smoke it is! I am not disappointed! I haven't finished this one & want another... or two... or three... :D

They're not only a nice novelty, but I love the taste too. I haven't had many, but the Fuente's seemed very consistent. They were great. I'll have to keep the Camacho candela's in mind.

Every one I have tried has been bland and tasteless... I like a strong knock your socks off cigar.

Candelas are definitely not for folks like you. I've never met anyone with that taste preference that could say anything good about a candela. That's what's so great about the wonderful world of cigars, something for everyone.

Thank God. If they were all Cubans or Don Carlos, Ashton VSG's, etc., I wouldn't last through a robusto, unless it had been aged at least two years. :cryinlaugh:

Indeed Bloof! Although I smoked a trinidad today that was so strong I felt it was dipped in amonia. I was almost tearing up from it; those bad boys are gonna need to age a while.

A Trinidad. I had two Churchill sized Trinidads. I remember doing a review somewhere. I think I had them for at least two years. I might have sent one out. Very scary cigar when I first got them. If I remember correctly, I aged the Earnie Shavers out of them. :sm_angel:

Never had one but I have a Filipe Gregorio Tres Capa in the humi now. One of its three wrappers is a Candela.

Hey quag, let me know how the tres capa is. I saw that in a magazine and have thought about trying one.

As far as the candela, I like them now and then, but not a regular in my humi.