CAO MX2 Discontinued?

Joined Jul 2006
7 Posts | 0+
According to the site MX2's are SOLD OUT DISCONTINUED. Has CAO done away with the line?

gtchris19 said:
According to the site MX2's are SOLD OUT DISCONTINUED. Has CAO done away with the line?

Dammm I better hurry to the shop & pick up what is still there ! $hit, that is one smoke I enjoy, thanks for the heads up on it !
Enjoy, Vince

CAO still has the line on their site, but I don't know if that means anything or not. Either way, it's a fav of mine as well and I would hate to see it go.

It is still being made, but it will not ship again until October. Even then they are only anticipating a few boxes per shop.

The wrapper mainly. As with any maduro cigar, the leaves are very tough, so they need to wet them significantly more before rolling them. Doing this starts fermentation again (the release of checmicals, amonia smell) so they have to sit a lot longer then most other cigars after they are rolled before shipping to retailers. So for cigars like the MX2 and Cusano Paired Maduro, it can be difficult to forcast demand.

i just picked up a couple in shop in hartford, ct around where i grew up, they had plenty, prolly should have got more

I got the last box of Belis my local shop had in April I think it was. I had waited 6 months or so by then. I haven't dug in to them yet but they call out to me everytime I open the humi.

I feel your pain! I've been waiting for more of these too! Other companies have double maduro cigars so why can't CAO find wrappers? (This may be a rhetorical question.)

I WANT MORE MX2'S!!!! I WANT MORE MX2'S!!!! :D :D :D

My shop ust got in a bounch of them. I will have to get some before they run out. I don't think the shop gets a lot of traffic. Everytime I go in there, I can always get opus x's at retail prices. I hope he doesn't go under. I guess I have to help him out and buy more sticks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks Alex for the extra info!

Wouldn't you know it?

I got home last night an there was the latest Cigar.com mag in the mail. Inside was a great interview with Tim from CAO. And Cigar.com asked him about the MX2. Great read for any of you that have the mag but haven't read it yet.

phisherman said:
My shop ust got in a bounch of them. I will have to get some before they run out. I don't think the shop gets a lot of traffic. Everytime I go in there, I can always get opus x's at retail prices. I hope he doesn't go under. I guess I have to help him out and buy more sticks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Or just wait for him to go under and buy everything at a discount!

Not good. He is the only one who "ALWAYS" has Opus X's at MSRP. Once he is gone, I'll hve to go back to waiting in line with the rest of the cigar masses.

My local shop had 6 Toros in their humi. I waited until the wife went next door to the candle shop and purchased them. The owner says he has one box left. Although I'm tempted to get that as well, I don't think I can hide that purchase.

chrisguinther said:
My local shop had 6 Toros in their humi. I waited until the wife went next door to the candle shop and purchased them. The owner says he has one box left. Although I'm tempted to get that as well, I don't think I can hide that purchase.

One of my local stores has maybe ten of the bellicoso size remaining in stock, that and maybe six RP Vintage 92 churchill size. I was in there today with my g/f and there was no way she was letting me walk out with those sticks, not this week anyways, hopefully somebody else doesn't go and clean house between today and next payday.

The scene inside the shop was kinda funny, the East Indian owner was talking (loudly) about "CAO NO MAKE THESE NO MORE! NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE ROCKY PATEL TUBES EITHER, NO MORE NO MORE MS2 FOR ME" As for me I was doing the zipped lip gesture and mouthing the words "shut the **** up, I'll be back in to buy you out soon." :lol:

Hopefully the shelfs will be still be lined next paydate, if not then I guess it wasn't meant to be, that or instead of blowing my entire cigar budget in one day I need some restraint, lol.

Talked to Tim Ozgener. These will be available in steady supply in the coming months. They have changed up some of the processes in fermentation and should be able to meet demand on a steady basis moving forward. So that is great news for all you MX2 junkies... I think I include myself in that group.

I went to 2 of my local b&m and both of them had a couple of boxes of MX2s- Its strange to hear that they are so scarce other places

It all depends on the shop. I was at a place yesterday that had a few boxes in stock. If they dont move much CAO product, chances are good they still have some. CAO has not shipped any in about 4 months.

I just picked one up today from my local shop. They had almost a full box left