CAO Soprano Edition

Joined Jun 2005
3K Posts | 7+
F*ing Jersey
I haven't had one of these in years, but I used to really like them. When last bought one it was up around $12 a stick - which I felt was pretty high as much as I liked them.

I got an email from CI this past week and they were on sale - $135 for a 20 count box of Belicosa (Boss) - free shipping and they threw in a Xikar lighter. Couldn't pass it up. The associate is $100 and the soldier is $120/

Just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone else liked them.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/71110/cao-the-sopranos-edition/

No kidding - I rarely have problems with Xikar lighters. Is the CI one just a Xikar with a logo on it? Xikar have a lifetime guarantee - I would send it back. They have fixed a lighter and sharpened a cutter for me.

Last edited:
The Sopranos are good cigars. I usually keep several in the humidor. I learned to retro hale with the a Soprano. It was at a CAO event and everyone was exhale through their nose so I thought I would try it. It worked. Granted, I can't retro hale with a LFD Double Ligero.

DL

Cool box, good price, and a good cigar - how can you loose??

I guess if the free lighter doesn't work........

The box arrived today - this is one nice looking package! Although, the warning stickers inside and outside kind of ruin it - had to use a cleaner to get it off!!!! Don't know why they couldn't put it on the plastic wrapping around the box instead of right on the box. Oh well, no harm no foul.

And the lighter they sent to me is one that I have had for over 6 years now. My old one still works so that was a nice freebie!!!

Time to bury this box in the cabinet!

Attachments

• 20130730_121525.jpg
    20130730_121525.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 9
  • 20130730_121514.jpg
    20130730_121514.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 9
It really is a beautiful box. I am going to hate to pull one out to smoke it........

Yeah, right! I will smoke one in honor of James Gandolfini - he was a year behind me in college. Man, I am old!

It really is a beautiful box. I am going to hate to pull one out to smoke it........

Yeah, right! I will smoke one in honor of James Gandolfini - he was a year behind me in college. Man, I am old!

If they are that old, they are probably bad by now, you should send them to me, and I will dispose of them in a proper manner!! Thanks in advance!! :D:D

Reactions: 1 users
That is a nice looking box Kelvin and not a bad price either. It just makes me wonder how B&Ms survive when the online shops offer sticks for so much less.

Been watching the bids on CB for fivers and it appears you got a good deal and a bonus.

Tony - I have been checking too. I haven't bought a box in quite awhile so I am a little nuts because I kept checking the prices.

I am sticking the box in the back of my cabinet, but I have a single or two I'd be happy to share if you PM your address to me.

I have a few boxes years back but mine is autographed by my buddy Joe G, He was the one who turned gay at the end. I have hung out with him a few times I even have his cell. BTW my house was in the Sopranos. BTW Tony Goumba those are great lighters and Xikar will warranty it, Send an email to Kurt

Last edited: