cheaphumidors.com

Joined Aug 2005
2K Posts | 0+
Armpit of the world....Al Asad, Iraq
Anyone have any info on this site?

There's a humidor I want to buy at an insanely cheap price.
Are they reputable? Is there merchandise good quality?

Let me know before I spend my hard earned money.

Thanks in advance!

We've had a bunch of discussions about this place. I bought two of their desk tops years ago. Sometimes the owner has a problem with timeliness and fixing certain problems, but he always gets around to it. He is a lone businessman, from what I understand, who has struggled with family stuff and life itself, like any of us, for many years, yet has managed to stay in business and still turn out good quality, cheap humidors. For more information, do a search, because we've had a bunch of recent discussions and questions about them.

DevilDog723 said:
Anyone have any info on this site?

There's a humidor I want to buy at an insanely cheap price.
Are they reputable? Is there merchandise good quality?

Let me know before I spend my hard earned money.

Thanks in advance!

Well I asked about a humidor I want there also (in another thread here) and someone said that on another forum cheaphunidor got some bad reviews....but other people spoke up for dave the owner....there are two sides to every story

I have talked to dave (he answeres his phone).........the humidors are insanely cheap like you said....I want that 3000 stick cabinate humi for $650 but they wont be in stock till march

I would buy from him....i'm a pretty trusting person

make sure what you want is in stock

stickman

Dave also told me that he is thinking very seriously about moving his operation to tampa fl...he is now in the ft lauderdale area

point is ......someone ready to screw you doesnt tell you where they are moving

I purchased my Cigar Oasis off of them from ebay. they didnt ship it so i called them and they said that they did but the lablel must have fell off in transit (i didnt understand how that could happen and them know about because if there is no lable how do they know who sent it) but right after that i got it in the mail so they just never shipped it untill i got on them about it

Thanks for askign DevilDog, I was just about to start a thread on the exact same subject.

I noticed he takes $20 off for "scratch & dent" humis. I think I'd rather have a perfect one.

General question. If/when I order a Humidor from anyone, is there any problem with the analog hygrometers? I think they look a little classier than a plastic thing with a digital readout.

SmokePole said:
Thanks for askign DevilDog, I was just about to start a thread on the exact same subject.

I noticed he takes $20 off for "scratch & dent" humis. I think I'd rather have a perfect one.

General question. If/when I order a Humidor from anyone, is there any problem with the analog hygrometers? I think they look a little classier than a plastic thing with a digital readout.

Smokepole:

I have picked up 2 imperfects from him - I still can't find the scratch! It was worth it in both cases for me.

Yes, the analog looks classier - try and check out some old threads as to why you want a digital (trust me, you do!)

I have been privy to hear a lot from a lot of people about their dealings with Dave, five years worth. Dave will always get back in touch with you, he will always make himself accessible, he will ALWAYS and EVENTUALLY, even in the worst of times, make good on something. He may NOT always get the best reviews from people, but he will always get good reviews for being accessible and busting his hump to please as many as he can. He's been around for a while, and he's been through some wars in life. He's worth considering, even if one does not wind up buying from him.

Two of my desk tops are not only beautiful, but they were cheap and function very well. One of them, out of four desk tops, is by far the best at keeping humidity, all year round, even when the other three are getting "supplemental" humidification. The other one I bought from Dave needs the LEAST amount of "supplemental" humidification.

I have purchased three humidors from Dave...a desktop, a foot locker, and a 1200 count cabinet. Dave is a little slower in shipping and getting back to you, but Bloof is right, he always makes good. My cabinet humidor is incredible, and I got it at a terrific price. I would definitely deal with him again.

Devil Dog, which humi are you lookng at. I just bought one from another site, but what I noticed while researching humis, Most sites have the same humi at about the same price. If your worried about this site you may find the same one elseware.

danielmarshall.com has some great humidors. They have slighlty damaged humidors for half off. I purchased on and i have yet to find the damage and it is absolutely beautiful and keeps a perfect humidity for months without any extra work.

Yeah Jesse. The trick would be to find who manufactures these humi's for everyone else. The same humi's, different names, but sometimes the same picture from site to site.

Then of course, you find the custom humi's, and like anything in life, real attention to detail and creativity rockets the price up considerably.

I bought a cheapie off of Dave for my youngerst brother...
came promply and in excellent shape....gonna buy one for myself...no complaints so far.

also check out premiumhumidors.com i purchased the "grandfather" which is the "almafi" on cheaphumidors.com, for the same price. The shipping was around $10 as i remember and I got it in 3 days.

Thanks for the tip!

It has the same humi I looked at on the other site for the same price.

AWESOME!