cigar and wine cellar

Joined Jun 2006
183 Posts | 0+
Kalamazoo, MI
Since CohibaSmoker made a great trade for my wife's TAA cigars, I wanted to post some pictues of my collection.

Attachments

• P1010519.JPG
    P1010519.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 161
  • P1010521.JPG
    P1010521.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 161
  • P1010522.JPG
    P1010522.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 161
Also wanted to show off the signed Gurkha humidor.

Attachments

• P1010523.JPG
    P1010523.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 156
nice looking stash man....Looks like you have a solid collection of wines...thats the next stop on my hobby list.

I only have 2 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of port, and i pretty much know nothing about them, aging them, or storing them...

all i know at this point is your supposed to lay them on their saids and your supposed to keep the cork on the inside wet :p :p

CohibaSmoker said:
I only have 2 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of port, and i pretty much know nothing about them, aging them, or storing them...

the best way to learn about wine is to try them. wine and cigars have tons in common. I dont have a large collection but i almost always have just over a case of assorted wine in my house.

If I said I wasn't slightly jealous, I'd be lying... :lol:

Speaking of wine and cigars, I would say that since I have started smoking, my palate for wine has gotten more selective. I suppose it is possible that its coincidental, but I think smoking so many different cigars has made it harder to drink the cheap stuff anymore. Just my .02.

Bigcat said:

Speaking of wine and cigars, I would say that since I have started smoking, my palate for wine has gotten more selective. I suppose it is possible that its coincidental, but I think smoking so many different cigars has made it harder to drink the cheap stuff anymore. Just my .02.

I don't think it is buy chance at all. When we smoke a cigar, we look for flavors and to pick them out and to concentrate on them. It would only be natural that it spreads over to other things like wine.

Nice wine stash. It wouldn't last a month in my house. I have trouble aging two bottles, let alone all of those. My wife and I love our wine. :twisted:

For those of you who didn't attend my sit down, you missed out. John makes some of the BEST home brew I have ever had. I will admit, its even better than mine!

phisherman said:
Nice wine stash. It wouldn't last a month in my house. I have trouble aging two bottles, let alone all of those. My wife and I love our wine. :twisted:

I buy a case - and then all of the sudden I look at my wine rack and it is empty. I am with you on that one, phish.

Barcochris said:
Bigcat said:

I don't think it is buy chance at all. When we smoke a cigar, we look for flavors and to pick them out and to concentrate on them. It would only be natural that it spreads over to other things like wine.

EXACTLY!

my life seems to be me always looking for things that taste good. Beer, wine, cigars, food,.....

my life revolves around two things
1) taste
B) music

not to thread jack at all but ill be posting pics of my first customized guitar that i did all by my self soon.

ok back to wine and cigars....

thats the "Soaring Eagle"...it was specially made for this years taa...and handed out

thanks again twoputts for the hook-up :thumbsup:

Twoputts,

Just like a Humidor helps keep cigars in their best shape for smoking, a wine cooler/refridgerator helps keep wine optimal when stored.

I have two wine refridge's I bought at Sam's club a couple of years ago. They have a selector to keep the red's at 54deg and the whites at 44deg. Personally, I have always preferred sweeter wines and my brother turned me onto GERMAN WINES when he was in college and spent a year in Germany while minoring in German. I try to get spatelace, auslace or eiswine's from the Reisling, or Gewertztraminer variety.

Now to bum you out, I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis almost a year ago, and have it in my LUNGS and spleen. I take large doses of Prednisone everyday and another medication and both of them rule out me drinking ANY alcohol. Additionally, with the sarcoidosis in my lungs and the surgeries to obtain the biopsies and assure that it was not lung cancer, I am not allowed to smoke, and have enough trouble breathing that I was given a handicapped placard for my vehicles. While the Prednisone has helped a bit shrinking the Sarcoidosis in my lungs, it has caused me to swell up and gain alot of weight. A year ago I was a lean/mean 190-195lbs and now I am tippin the scale at 235-240!!! :shock:

Lesson is -- enjoy life, and appreciate what you have, because it can change suddenly without notice. My health problems have changed my outlook alot, and made me appreciate my time with my wife and children a whole lot more!

Oh, and my wife and friends still get to enjoy my wine collection, and as long as we are outside where it does not choke me up, I don't mind if those around me smoke either!