Cigar Trade Cigar giveaway for the best 100 words or less!

Joined May 2007
38 Posts | 0+
Studio City, CA
Christmas is here and I'm feeling Santa Clausish! This is what I propose, a short story cigar giveaway. I give the cigars and you tell me in 100 words or less why you need them this Christmas (or a couple of days there after) for yourself or someone you know thats in need of ten cigars.

I've had 9-Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro 6 X 54 Toro's and 1-Perdomo 826 Slow Aged, Glorioso 6X 52 Natural, in my humidor for 17mos. @69RH, aging w/Opus X, Graycliff, La Aurora. I will pay for shipping also.

100 words or less, reply to this post, I will make the cut off this Friday Dec. 21, 2007 @ midnight west coast time. I will only ask for the winners email and mail address. Winner will be posted on Sat.Dec. 20, 2007 @3P.M. West Coast Time (from this original thread).

Good luck, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

Vincent E.,
vinvango,
http://www.villagehumidor.blogspot.com

Wow, that's very generous of you!

I can't write to save my life, so I'll just sit back and watch/read the contest submissions.

Good luck everyone!

One hundred words or less.

I can handle that.

I don’t NEED the cigars.
Therefore, if I win, all of those smokes will be donated to our fine young men and women serving us over-seas.

Those folks deserve a cigar more than me.
See this thread: http://cigar.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=53633

^^^^
those are my 46 words (and one link)

I hope they are good enough to win.

Dear Vincent
You and I live in free countries because of people that have given their lives and others that are giving their time away from loved ones over the Christmas holidays. I think those ten wonderful cigars should be sent to Barcochris so he can send them to the troops in Iraq. It is a small token of appreciation buy I am sure many others will donate to the cause and give at least a few soldiers an hour away from their situation where they can enjoy a great cigar and daydream about being home with loved ones.
Sincerely
The BOTL

In addition to giving troops cigars every month now for 4mos. I wanted to give the blue collar worker a chance to fire up a cigar on me courtesy of the Christmas Spirit. I still consider all stories, every single one to be worthy.

Vincent E.,
vinvango,

i see your point. every cigar has its time. maybe those particular cigars are ment to stay state side.

Vincent, I commend you for your fine offer, and hope you find a worthy recipient of your generosity. I will decline, because I know there are others here that need it more than I do, that is for sure!!

just checking in!

People are out shopping, and the retail lines are getting longer n longer. I did most of all my shopping already, thank God! I do need a couple more stocking stuffers for my two kids, but don't wont to be w/the crowd this weekend.

I just put the 10cigars in a cigar.com zip-lock bag, w/2-69RH Boveda Pks. and popcorn packing for a 100% mission completion. I'm ready to send these out on Saturday. I do have to say that the Indian Tabac.S.F.Maduros have a great sheen (in cello) and after 17mos. the harsh bite should have mellowed out some.

Write me a story, everyone has a story of some kind, funny, warm, cool, heroic, brave, sad and/or simple.

Good Luck.
Vincent

I would say send them to the troops, but you said you want to send them to one of us or someone we know so here is my stroy.

I have just graduated from college my birthday as a few days ago and my wife (a nurse) got called into work. It was a long road. I began my colligate studies in 1999. After transferring to a few schools I found one that I actually liked. Two years later I dropped out after getting married. I got a crappy job selling jewelry. I got an offer to transfer to the IT department. All was going well. A few months ago the bank I work for was bought and I knew that I would soon be out of a job.

Its 100 words.

Thanks,

Sam

SWilson80 said:
I would say send them to the troops, but you said you want to send them to one of us or someone we know so here is my stroy.

im almost sorry that i put out the notion of sending them to the troops. Its hard to argue with something like "send em to the troops"

it was stated above that vincent has sent many cigars to the troops. I am not trying to put words in his mouth but i think he was trying to express his gratitude to the forum by having his give away. Whatever you all may choose to do with the cigars if you win is up to you. If that is smoke them, great if that is sending them to the troops, great.

It was not my intention to step on his toes or the toes of his intentions.

I did not take it that way. I appologize if it came off that way. It is, indeed, hard to argue with sending them to the troops. However, having read his posts, I thought that he wanted to show his gratitude to the guys on the forum and spread a little kindness among those of us here.

However, It would be great for some guy over in the sandbox who is missing his wife and kids to have someting to remind him that there are people back home who support them and appreciate what they are doing. I don't think that you stepped on any toes, but it isn't my show.

That is all.

Sam

i wasnt thinkin that YOU (sam) were stepping on toes at all. i was thinkin it was me. because of my first post in this thread there were 3 or 4 posts on how my idea was right. it kinda put people on the spot and made people feel obligated to donate them when infact they shouldnt. so not only was i stepping on toes of vincent but also the toes of people on this forum that would otherwise want and win the cigars.

Thank you for doing this.

I do not need cigars so I am not going to write a story but it seems like this thread has gotten a bit sidetracked. So guys come on write a story. this is what this forum is all about giving. New guys there has to be a reason that u feel like that you deserve these.

I am going to write some thing for this after all. Not for me but for some one else here. Elidog.

Steve is a great guy that has been on the boards for quite some time. he never asks for much but is always there for a quick pick me up. I can not even tell you how many times I or my wife (when we were trying to get pregnant) were having a rough time and I got a note from Steve, just saying he was checking in and how things were going. He is the kind of guy that should get the cigars.

Maybe more than 100 words.

I too would like the cigars sent to Elidog. Steve is always there for everyone else and in the spirit of the season, is the most worthy for all that he does for everyone on the board, and for his family. The sacrifices he has made are more than most could ever think of.

The Ball is Rolling!

Some of you deep down inside have something you want to say. It could be about the love you have for your wife, child, brother n sister or maybe a favorite uncle. Someone you wish could be w/you this holiday, but just can't because??? Thats how easy it is to start a story, so give it a whirl boys n girls Shocked

Vincent

Maintain My mental Health

I know it's late and I know it is more prose than short story but I thought I would share it anyway. (99 words):

My smoking spot is a lawn chair in the middle of a grassy scrubby field.
Always at night I sit and smoke.
From the clear starry nights of hot dog day August evenings to the bitter cold blowing winter snow.
The rain in fall and spring each bring their unique perspective. The same cigar can taste so different depending on the season.
I sit and smoke and think.
It is the only way to reset my internal clock. It’s like staring into the oncoming waves of the ocean. It is establishing a reconnect.
All is right with the world.

The time has come to give this contest a winner. I'm going to slurp on my hot coffee, read the threads and post the winner.

Winner will be posted by 12noon (west coast time) today Sat. Dec 22, 2007.

Vincent,
vinvango,

The Winner Is?

First, I want to say to those who participated, Thank you! If "apratt" had only submitted his story by the deadline, this would have gone to the Judges cards!

To write a story is to express yourself. Some of us have too much junk floating around in our heads, and a good purge once in a while just feels good. Always feel free to express yourself!

WINNER: BARCOCHRIS

Your thread was well over 100 words, but your story was less than 100 words. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Barcochris, email me at [email protected] for shipping details.

Warmest wishes to all you Cigar Nuts,

Vincent E.,
vinvango,