cigars burning poorly

Amy

Joined Nov 2003
2K Posts | 0+
Paradise CA
are there different cigars that take more care to burn correct? ive had a couple now that burned so bad it nearly ruined the cigar. i just finished smoking one tonight that started doing the same as the brazilia gol i wrote about in this thread http://cigar.ambackforum.com/viewtopic. ... ht=#119500
the brazilia was still very good even though it burned real bad, but the one i had tonight was so bad it tasted like an ashtray, and my head is spinning and im actually seeing stars. i dont know what the cigar was and i wont know for a while (psst, its a secret)

If one side is running faster than the other, hold the slower end towards the floor, as it gets more oxygen away from the smoke. How fast do you smoke your cigars? Sometimes if you smoke them fast it can induce burn problems but not regularly. Some cigars just burn poorly, a lot of Sun Grown wrappers willl because they are a thicker, heartier leaf than shade grown, and in turn making it hard to burn properly. How do you light your cigar? I have a friend who puts it to his mouth immediately and gets half of it cherry then tells me, "If it's a well made cigar it'll fix itself" but he's a jackass, and doesn't get too many cigars from my humidor anymore, sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't. If you're lighting it properly, keeping it at a reasonable RH level, taking your time with it you shouldn't have any problems. This is also where a torch comes in handy, sometimes it just works better to torch through the problem.

I'm sure some other people around here will have some advice for you too. Hope this helps a little....

If I notice a burning problem I usually fix it with a torch right away. usually helps...

i light the cigar with a torch, brushing with the flame not touching the end. i do it till theres a nice glow over the whole thing. the problem cigars always burn right for a little while then just fall apart. this is only the third cigar out of 100's. maybe its just the cigars fault. all my cigars are stored the same and i light them the same.