Closing Arnolds smoking tent in California

Joined Jan 2005
1K Posts | 0+
Chicago
The California Democrats have introduced and passed a bill through one house outlawing outdoor smoking where there are enclosures on all sides. This was done effectively to challange Governor Arnold. His response is below. I love it.

“As long as I’m at the Capitol, I will be smoking my stogies down there, and I will be having people down there smoking stogies.

“This is my negotiation tent, and no one is going to take that away. Just remember one thing: They can be passing all the bills they want. There’s one person who has to sign it. That’s me.”

:lol:

I love that Guy!!

I hear he smokes some bundled cigars by Cusano as well!!!

Just goes to show ya!!

That's a quote that will go down in history...,.

Too bad he wasn't in office when these anti-smoking bills first passed through the state senate :roll:

I read in a tobacconist magazine that smokless tobacco has been banned in public parks in San Fran. They used the public health issue as the crutch for crushing public smoking but how exactly does chew pose a threat to the health of those around smokless users?

Just another one of those things it seems where the Gov. Is trying to determine how people should live...

:dunno: It amazes me how they spend our tax dollars on foolish issues rather than on the real problems out here. But they're doing it for "the kids." That doesn't work, how many of us have tried something simply because we were told we shouldn't? To tell you the truth, I'm more disgusted with seeing someone shovel a few cheeseburgers down their throat than someone who is chewing tobacco. Taking it out of public view may stop a few kids from trying it, but as long as there is advertising space to be filled, the attraction will always be there.

Governments are just plain theives. They tear apart the idea of smoking to make themselves look good by caring for the community yet they benefit from the millions of dollars they make from tobacco taxes.. and we don't see them complaining about THAT now do we? No.