Coffee, Did u say COFFEE?

Joined May 2007
38 Posts | 0+
Studio City, CA
I love cooffe as much as I love cigars. This is a Brand from Peet's Coffee (Berkely Based,1966 est.). It's called JR Reserve Blend®
A blend of full-bodied (not very full-bodied) coffees a bright liveliness with exceptionally complex flavors revealing hints of spiciness and chocolate. Ok, here's the sticker shock for some, $25- per 1/2 lb. I have 3-lb's shipped to me every month from their coffee of the month deal. If your in the mood for some exceptional cooffee, try a 1/2 pound and don't tell me you don't love it.

Raise your cup and hope today is a good day or better than yesterday!

Vincent :shock:

That's even more expensive than Jamaican Blue Mountain. I'm going to have to look that one up, maybe even check it out. Peet's is one of the best purveyors of fine coffees around.

it's been 6yrs. w/JR Reserve!

Six years ago I had money in my pocket (now it's just lint), but I was waitng in a long line for coffee @Peet's, looked up and saw a coffee that was $25 1/2 lb., and said "I've go to try that. Six years ago. Limited production, it's only Roasted once a week.

fYI: Jamaican Blue Mountain. I can remember back in 1989, I was in Jamaica, bought 2lb's of JBM for $10 per lb. gave to my Mother, and she said "right now, this coffee is triple the amount per lb. in the states". I think that's the last time I got a great deal on Fine Coffee.

Vincent 8)

Back in '91 when I first started drinking real coffee, as opposed to supermarket coffee, Jamaican Blue was about $25 a pound. We were always told it was so expensive because of Hurricane Gilbert, a Cat 5 which hit the island back in '88. Well, now it's about $45 a pound, which is another 80% over the past 16 years, about 5% a year on average, although it's been at $45 a pound actually for the past three, four years, so the rate of increase is really higher. All I have to say is, what's the excuse now, hee, hee, heee!!!

Re: it's been 6yrs. w/JR Reserve!

fYI: Jamaican Blue Mountain. I can remember back in 1989, I was in Jamaica, bought 2lb's of JBM for $10 per lb. gave to my Mother, and she said "right now, this coffee is triple the amount per lb. in the states". I think that's the last time I got a great deal on Fine Coffee.

Vincent 8)[/quote]

I just got back from Jamaica a month ago and bought a couple pounds of JBM for 19.99 a pound, but found it later for 17.99 a pound. so price is up on the island too

I love my coffee. I usually just buy supermarket brands like Eight O'clock whole bean Columbian. But this conversation has piqued my interest so much that I joined Peet's 3 month Coffee Comparative Tasting Tour.. They're sending me some Major Dickinsons blend and some Sumatra this month. Cant wait!

You Rock!

Major and Sumatra, very good choices. You went right from tee-ball to the Major Leagues. I know your going to enjoy the monthly service like I do. Once you start ordering quality products through the mail from top notch Companies, you start to think about some other goods and services that might save you some time thats better spent consuming large quantaties of coffee and cigars. LMAO (well, maybe not so much coffee :shock: )

Vincent :twisted:

Well I didn't actually pick these out ...they are just the coffees that come with the 3 months tour. My order from Peet's came the other day, and yes this stuff is good. The beans are dark and oily. I've made both the General Dickason's blend anf the Sumatra and they did not dissapoint! I bet the Columbian is good too.

I love coffee a lot too, i work at a starbucks cafe in a barnes and noble.
i love getting to try new stuff when they get it for seasonal stuff its so good. I also have this coffee machine that i got its a senseo and theres a few different flavors it has and they are all pretty good. i wanna get myself and espresso machine but idk when ill have the money