Coffee + Internet + Late Night TV

Joined Feb 2005
2K Posts | 0+
Cedar Key
Watching the opening of Conan O'Brien with my laptop on the table, the cat sleeping in my lap, the dog on my feet and a hot cup of Kenya AA cooling at my side.

Can't complain!

I hear people complain that caffeine keeps them up at night, but I've never had that happen. Fact is, I can drink a pot of coffee in the evening, and sleep like a baby all night. Am I some kind of freak, or does anyone else do this?

You're not the only one. Although I can and do use coffee as a boost on occasion, if I need to sleep, my body will sleep, even on coffee.

I'm with you Unky - I can drink coffee all day and not have any problems sleeping. That wasn't very helpful in college - no easy way to stay up loate and cram.

I was up late because my parents were flying in and driving to my house. Expected arrival time was 1am.

Sorta the same with Ritalin (Speed.) If I take it, I'm wired. If someone who is hyper-active takes it, it calms them down. Am I right?

Well, in my case, coffee, tea, etc. only keeps me up and alert if I really need to go to sleep. Oterhwise, it seems to have no effect. I remeber drinking a double expresso before trying to study for a final in law school. I feel asleep about 10 minutes later. Now, if I have a cup at work, I'm up 'til 200 AM. Go figure.

I can dig it, Brenda. Not going to go into all the details of why I agree with you, but yes, certain things can have a reverse effect on people, or at different times in one's life, certain things that once did something, can do quite the opposite, as in RGT'er's case.

Brenda said:
Sorta the same with Ritalin (Speed.) If I take it, I'm wired. If someone who is hyper-active takes it, it calms them down. Am I right?

I'm whatever the opposite of hyperactive is. Hmm, lazy comes to mind. Some might say sluggish. I'm that way when I wake up and when I hit the sack. Maybe I sleep really fast :)