Coffee pass

Joined Feb 2006
2K Posts | 3+
Kelvin's House
So who is up for another coffee pass?

I don't care if it is home roasted or store bought. just something you are liking right now. maybe a hlaf pound to a pound and a cigar or two.

Who is interested? we can work out the details later.

It has been awhile for me - but I would like to join up on a pass. I hope you don't mind if mine isn't home roasted, I just don't have the time for another obsession - my other one starts in a week or so.

I'll jump in on this! I don't home roast, but I have some good stuff from the roaster!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH

can I be in???

(BTW, I'm YSC 3 now..... I invited myself..... :throwrock: )

I figured out BTW a while back, but YSC 3? Is that something like being in your third year at Yooniversity of Southern Calcutta?

I'm in but the pass would have to reach me by mid May. There's a local roaster here (Intelligentsia) that roasts some really nice stuff & sells it within a week, but I'm moving to attend law school sometime between late May and early July & can't commit to being here past late May.

This is a *great* idea. I <3 coffee. :) Hell, I'll volunteer to start it & stock a box with 10-20 1/2 lb bags. (depending on the # of people) I could do 20 1/2 lb bags all different no problem, though realistically I'd pick a favorite from each region/style & get multiples to stock the box with. Dark roast (this one will be "El Diablo"), African/Arabian, pacific, and central and/or south American. It's just being in the middle/end that could cause me problems. I can always send my new addy to the last person on the list, I just lose my supplier when I move and I have no clue if I'll find another one of similar quality. I may have to start roasting my own afer I move.

Also, please note I don't deal with ISOMs, so if you want to pass q-BANs along with the coffee please count me out. Feel free to call me paranoid if you like, but mostly I just don't appove of smuggling. Aged pre-embargos are good though. Please put them in a well washed Foldgers can so they'll be there when the box gets to me.

I'm interested. I've never done a pass before though. I hope that everyone would be ok with me joining in.

Ok,,

I am going to temporarily shut this down here.... until you guys decide how you want to do this pass. I will leave it up to you.

I can load a box of up with a bunch of different coffee and send it around the country like a normal box pass.

We can set it up like the Xmas exchange and I can pair everybody up with a person and you can send to that person.

Or we can send a half pound or so to everybody.

What do you guys think?

Participants.

Barcochris
Kelvin
Cybrus
Rmrdaddy
Zandor
Swilson80
Phisherman????

If we send to everyone, I would suggest only a 1/4 pound - with this many people we're already up to 1.5 to 2 pounds of coffee - that will last me quite a while! If we just send to a few people - then a 1/2 or even a whole pound would be fine.

I would do something along the lines of everyone gets 2 people to send to - that way you'll get a few different coffees but not have to send out a ton of packages or have a huge, possibly expensive, box to ship around.

cybrus said:
I would do something along the lines of everyone gets 2 people to send to - that way you'll get a few different coffees but not have to send out a ton of packages or have a huge, possibly expensive, box to ship around.

I like that idea Cybrus. It becomes quite apparent after reading your posts that your Jersey background has not left you.

Also, I am cool with keeping it NC's for the pass, Zandor.

Bloofington said:
I figured out BTW a while back, but YSC 3? Is that something like being in your third year at Yooniversity of Southern Calcutta?

Hehe - it's the Yankee Stadium Club. And being a Yankee Fan is not required. Rob thinks that he can just join without an initiation - he is sadly mistaken. Chris - how long do we call him Pledge Rob?

Yankee Stadium Club goes like this:

My business partner used to coach with a gentlemen who had a theory about certain people. He said if you took two idiots (I am substituting idiots for a word that starts with a J) and put them on opposite ends of a sold out Yankee Stadium, by the end of the game the two of them would be sitting next to each other. Chris and I are those two idiots (again I censor). Two immature morons that laugh at things that 8 year olds would. Thus the birth of the YSC.

Really don't know why anyone would want to be in a club that Chris and I are founding members of. Personally, I find Chris to be a little too mature lately. :shock: :roll:

Kelvin said:
cybrus said:

I like that idea Cybrus. It becomes quite apparent after reading your posts that your Jersey background has not left you.

Also, I am cool with keeping it NC's for the pass, Zandor.

This works for me as well.

So how did my name get on this list. Do you think you can just add me to a list and I'll play along?

Well you guys know me all too well. I'm in. (man am I a sucker). Can I suggest a change? Can I say 1/3 of a pound (roasted and whole bean) and send it out to 3 different people? No flavoured coffe too. What do you guys say?

Oh sure - just jump in and start making changes like you run the place!

Heh - that sounds fine to me!

Pushy guy that Phisherman. Pushes his way into the pass and then pounds us with demands!

Okay, fine - twist my arm. I will comply with your demands.

Wait til Chris gets back from lunch..........

Well excuse me. You know, you come up with a "SUGGESTION" and offer it up for the group to decide; and they jump all over you. Well all I have to say is

you're welcome. :twisted:

What the heck is this about??????

A guy does not even sign up, but out of the Kindness of my heart I send him a E-mail and this is the thanks we get????

Man Phish, I don't know who you think you are but if that is the way it has to be ....that is fine

Glad to be of service. Sheeesh; that's the last time I make any suggestions around here. Yous' guy's is tough.