Coffee pass

Mine went out - Tanzanian Peaberry and Cafe Cubano - two of my favorites!

Alright, I finally got mine in the mail.

I'm sending out fresh roasted coffee from Intelligentsia, a local roaster. They roast coffee right here in Chicago and sell it fresh, usually within a week of roasting. With only one window that actually works in this garden apartment I really can't roast at home, so I'm really glad I've got them around to do it for me.

I picked out a couple of thier coffees and sent 1/2 lb of each:

"El Diablo": Thier flagship dark roast blend. Generally I really don't like dark roasts (all thier other dark roasts are lousy IMHO, though better than Starbucks), but I love this stuff.

"Tres Santos" - Columbia: A typical American coffee from Intelligentsia. It's a nice contrast to the El Diablo.

Still roasting. I hope to finish it tonight. Man does it take a while to get one pound of roasted beans. I need a bigger roaster.

Hey folks - I sent out my boxes this morning. Sorry for the delay - this is a pretty busy time of year for me.

....... who will throw out the first wisecrack? My guess is Phish.

Naw, I'm trying to get on your good side so that when you bring the Lusi up to Boston you let me smoke it. :D

Mine went out today too. I'll PM the tracking numbers.

WOOO HOOOO!

Received a nice package from Cybrus. Nice looking coffee there bro, that Cubano is OOOOZZZZIIIINNNNGGGGG with oil!

And the GOL! always a nice stick!

Thanks bro!

Yo got it dude! I usually stay away from really oily coffees as that often means the beans were roasted too long. But this stuff makes a good cup - especially when done in a French Press - hope it turns out well for you too!

Got in a nice package from Rob - thank you my man - I am looking forward to those smokes too! Nothing better than coffee and cigars! Except for golf, coffee and cigars. Got some nice Columbian and Kona Blend, YES!

Thank you Rob!!!!!!

Got in my second box - Thank you Mike! You are over the top with the coffees my man - I am psyched to try them. Great sticks for coffee too.

Thanks again, man - I am looking forward to trying the El Diablo!

I received a package from SWilson80 yesterday. This Ethiopian Harrar is tasty. I'm trying it for the first time right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll get around to trying it properly in a plunger pot, but this morning I was feeling a bit lazy.
The Gurhka looks tasty too, though I'll let that rest a while before smoking it.

I got a package from Zandor. Man, you went all out. I can't wait to try the "El Diablo". Those sticks you included look mighty tasty. I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to coffee and cigars.

I have a problem>>>>(head between legs)

My secretary shipped my two boxes of coffee to my other branch in Chicago. They really liked the coffee I sent them but did not understand why I sent cigars as well.

We ship a lot of packages back and forth and I did not point mine out as well as I usually do

So i am roasting tonight and tomorrow again to get it all to my people soon

Wow - this is a pretty good excuse, Chris. No really, what's next? :cry:

Some people.........

At least you are admitting it wasn't right what you did. That's a big step for you, man. I am very proud of you.

Chris:

I think as your penance you should send all of us some of the coffee you are roasting tonight. I think then all will be forgiven.

That and 10 Hail Mary's.

Father Kevin

Time to buy another FR8 to do all that roasting.

I got my first package in the mail on Monday but was very busy with home repaors that last two days so did not have time to post. I got a wonderful batch of Ethiopian Harr from Wlison along with a great Gurkha. Can't wait on either. I have not been able to brew coffee the past two days. My kitchen is out of commision until the grout sets completely. I will try it tomorrow.

I need another one Phish. i am actually looking at the I roast.

it is like 16 batches of coffee that is a lot for the FR8

Your telling me. You have the extra roasting chamber; I don't. How much does the I roast roast at once? Something like a hlf or quarter pound at once would be good. These very small batches kill me.