Col. Steele Gave Cigars To Saddam - So What?

Joined Nov 2002
1K Posts | 0+
U.S. Army Col. Steele charged with 'aiding the enemy' by giving cigars to Saddam. He also committed the heinous crimes of flirting with women and possessing adult video tapes. Tell you what, he sounds like a decent guy to me, somebody I'd be proud to know. Maybe he was taking the 'good guy' approach with Hussein, hoping to garner a little information. Whatever, they have a woman in charge of his hearing, so his goose is cooked. BTW, 'aiding the enemy' can be a death offense. Steele was in charge of the prison camp that held Saddam. This is why our military can't do anything right anymore - they have 'weeded out' all the 'John Waynes' and Audie Murphys. What a pickle we're in now.

My understanding is that his conduct went well beyond what you described and included allowing detainees to use his personal cell phone so that their calls would not be monitored along with having a sexual relationship with a close relative of a detainee. I have precious little sympathy for the guy, especially when he was buying the cigars with army funds rather than out of his own pocket.

All the best,

Joe

Inland44 said:
U.S. Army Col. Steele charged with 'aiding the enemy' by giving cigars to Saddam. He also committed the heinous crimes of flirting with women and possessing adult video tapes. Tell you what, he sounds like a decent guy to me, somebody I'd be proud to know.

Oh, yeah - we should give this guy the Legion of Merit. Let's see -he's accused of having an "inappropriate relationship" with the daughter of a detainee, allowing detainees to use his cell phone to make unmonitored phone calls, using US government funds to buy Saddam cigars and other things, and not following protocols regarding classified information.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070501/wl ... 0501194956

His chain of command will determine if he's to be courtmartialed, and considering the charges, he probably will be.

This is why our military can't do anything right anymore - they have 'weeded out' all the 'John Waynes' and Audie Murphys. What a pickle we're in now.

:roll:

I guess this means that Dick Cheney wii be next. After all he gave Saddam A whole lot more a few years ago.