Colibri lighter

Joined Jan 2007
267 Posts | 0+
Virginia
I know what every one thinks about Colibri lighters(torch,electro models),but what about their flint lighters if any one has one or owned one please give me some feedback.

Ive got Dupont taste with a Zippo budget the Colibri looks like it would give me the look with out dropping $500 on a lighter

Well I decided to bite the bullet and bought it, time will tell
Colibri flint lighters have a "limited" lifetime warranty. I have not owned a colibri and have no idea how they are about standing behind their product.

Rodney, I have heard that the cheap butane lighter at Wall Mart is also a very good back up lighter. You know, like the boys scouts, always be prepared!!

I have a couple of those Wal-Mart torch lighters that float around in my truck... to be honest they have never failed me, even in cold months... I own a couple of Colibri ones as well...look nice when you go out, and though I still use them... they are not as reliable as the $5 ones. Go Figure!

i just bought a colibri
works great for me

my old zippo eh, it had a tragic accident on the fourth...

My colibri pipe lighter took a dump within 2 weeks of buying it. Someday I'll get around to turning it in for repairs but as it stands, I won't buy another. I hope you have better luck then me.

While I can definitely see where Colibri and DuPont lighters would be nice to own, the $10 Ronson torch I bought a year ago is still going strong. I'm not even sure that if I had the $500+ to blow on a lighter, I would even buy one. I honestly don't think that I have ever heard a good word about Colibri products - I have heard plenty of gripes. Let me know how yours goes Rodney.

My Colibri has been just dandy for the 6 months/year I've had it. It empties fast, but works great. :)

Im glad this post got topped. Ive had the lighter for awhile now and have loved it. Its flint operation works perfectly, holds alot of fuel(has window) its a pipe lighter so it has a 45* angle imo perfect for lighting cigars. Its the Barrington model if any one is interested cost around $70

Ive got 2 ronson butane soft flame lighters and a couple of torches for a back up, I just like the look of the colibri when I go somewhere to smoke