Collectable Cars

Joined Jan 2006
234 Posts | 0+
Northern California
I'm finally on vacation. I am leaving for the lake in minutes but I wanted to share a little something with y'all. Last night I was packing my stuff getting ready for at least 1 week at the lake. I tend to come home in between for a couple of days then head back up. Anyway, I asked my wife for a nice rectangular tupperware container so I could transport my sticks safely. Of course she had nothing, "Take the dog food outta that one and wash it" ????? Excuse me? Fine cigars stored in plastic impregnated with Kibble?? Not eye said eye! My darn travel humi is a 10 count that is really a 6 count. I'm gonna be gone for at least 5 days. So, I go digging through the house and I find a hard plastic mini collectable car case. You know the ones we big kids put our little toy cars in? So we can walk by and say things like, "Cool" Yeah you know. Anyway, It has a nice seal and I lined it with Cedar sheets from my cigar boxes. I put a water pillow in and filled it with 12 of my favorite smokes. I now have a display travel humi for trips that don't involve flight or too much rock and roll. You guys and gals have probably already done this type of thing but I thought I'd share anyway. I'm gonna keep it in the air conditioned trailer the whole time so I'll report on how it works out. I hope everyone is well, God Bless you all! :D

Enjoy the time off , the case sounds like it will work just fine, for my travel humidor I have a small cooler, , works fine, it has a Plastic liner on one end & a small unlined pouch on the other end, great place to carry extra cutters, matches, lighters, draw poker, & a can of gas, , I pack the cigars in plastic bags with a small block of ceder from a cigar box & a humi stick, it will hold about 100 cigars so I never worry about running out till I get home , I take some Ultra Premiums, some great smokes , some good smokes & some dog rockets for the moochers , there is even room for a bottle of single malt ! Enjoy, Vince

I have been storing cigars in these neat snaplock containers for quite a while already. I have different sizes for different qualities of smokes, and using beads they maintain a constant 65- 68% hunidity. the smaller ones work great for a travel humi for sure.

Just my 1.87 cents worth. 8) 8)

$1.87 C is that about 50 cents American ?hahahahaha

Enjoy, Vince