Columbus 12/2 Home of #1 team

Joined Jun 2006
183 Posts | 0+
Kalamazoo, MI
I will be in Columbus this Saturday (12/2) afternoon. Any good place for a smoke or drink--guess you can't do both in that town--after I drop my wife off at a mall or maybe after dinner?

I will change into scarlet and grey at the border and would enjoy meeting any buckeye fans.

Man, before that smoking ban went into effect, there was this cool place in the Easton Town Center that was a coffee bar/real bar on the second floor of the mall that overlooked the mall and allowed cigar smoking. It is just a big open space with some couches and tables, but I always enjoyed going there with my fiance, who lived in Columbus for a year. Even with the smoking ban now though, I would still recommend Easton as a place to eat or shop. There are a ton of restaurants in there and a ton of nice stores. It's about 15 minutes outside of Columbus. Anyone in town would know where it was.

Oh yea, GO UCLA!! :lol:

i think the ban starts on the 4th... or is it the 6th?

one of those.

I just wanted to say I had a great visit with twoputts yesterday. We smoked some cigars and had a great conversation. He was very generous and gave me several cigars, including some El Cobres, a Gurkha Titan and Beast, and a Casa Fuente!
You are a true, BOTL!

Oh yea, I got his BEER!!!!!!!! I agree Chris, John is a great guy, and a great brewmaster!

Chris, thanks for taking the time to come over to the Tinder Box and welcome me back to OHIO--with a packet of Edge Corojos and RP Vintage cigars. Great way to go shopping with the wife.

Capt, thanks for the kind words. Will definitely get together and have a couple of brews with you sometime soon.

John, when you get out this way, we can go to CJ's brewery. They just tapped the Cherry Lambic! But, I could always stop out your way and we can make a trip to Bell's!

Capt, me and twoputts are probably going to get together sometime in the new year for a mini sitdown, the news I hear is that the owner of one of the downtown cigar stores is opening a two story restaraunt with the upper level to be a cigar friendly lounge. Will post more or pm you both when I get some concrete information, I will probably see the owner in the next couple of days.

Bells is always a nice visit for an out of towner. :thumbsup:

I can't wait for them to get the license and open, we need a good cigar lounge in Kzoo.

In the meantime Bells is always great. Although more fun in the summer when you can go outside and smoke a cigar.

Couple of cigar friendly sports bars in town. Shakespeares (just down the street from Bells), Brewsters and Fat Tonys.

I just joined the GrandRapidsCigarSociety.com and think a couple of their members would join us for a sitdown. When the holidays are behind us let's plan something.