Copied post from Cigar forum Re: Coffee strength

Hmmmmmm, interesting question. I have the Zassenhaus 151 Box, so I guess that means closed hopper. You know, it might be kind of remote, but I think I prefer a closed hopper. In the past, when I used a large percolator for a while, I would start the grinder with the hopper open, and feed additional beans into it, because it couldn't quite hold enough beans in the hopper for the percolator in one shot. Occasionally, as I would grind with the "door" open, a piece would fly out as I was grinding. Other than that, I can't think of any pros/cons.

Hey, Bob. Welcome to my confusion :p from what i have found at a few sites, you can get set up with a grinder, a roaster, and a press pot for under $300. Not the best stuff, but not the lowest either. (there are less expensive ways to go too, for instance you can use a popcorn popper to roast in, I believe Brenda does this, so you might ask her results) As far as the scale goes, I think most people actually use the measuring spoon method (volume vs. weight) The press, is the french press, used to brew your coffee... That is about as much as I have learned so far, good luck!

:lol: Try that Peaberry with the Bolivar PC I sent you, and you'll wished you never got into cigars. That combo is more dangerous to the bank account than the Short Stories!!

Capt said:
:lol: Try that Peaberry with the Bolivar PC I sent you, and you'll never wished you got into cigars. That combo is more dangerous to the bank account than the Short Stories!!
I will!

This whole "smoking cigars" thing is a killer on my bank account. But, I've gotta spend my money wisely, right?

:idea: I'll need to re-calculate my retirement fund. I'll need more than I thought.

Coffee, one of my favorite beverages, 6 ounces of liquid is one cup of coffee, but I never make one cup at a time, , yes Over extraction is the main reason for bad coffee as well as keeping it on the heat, , I make a minium of 20 ounces , I use a drip filter with 2 heaping measures of fresh ground coffee, I heat the water in the microwave to 200F , then pour it over the grounds SLOWLEY,, put the cap on my travel mug & go !, a direct brew into the cup. & out the door I go, when I am making a POT well that is a little different, I have 2 press pots, one is 48 ounce & the other is 28, again I heat the water in the microwave to 195F for the press pot, I add 6 heaping measures for the small pot & 10 for the big pot, , I might be using to much coffee But I like it to stand up with out a cup hahahaha , I have a thermos to keep the brewed coffee in , , make sure you warm it with hot water before you put the coffee in, it will stay hotter longer if the thermos is all ready hot when you add the coffee, , now all I want to know is Who took the cork out of my lunch? hahaha Enjoy, Vince