Cornell & Diehl

Joined Mar 2007
482 Posts | 0+
Phoenix, AZ
Put in an order about 30-40 minutes before they closed on Friday. Since Monday was a holiday, it didn't ship until Tuesday, and here it is Thursday and it's in my mailbox. Three day delivery time from NC to AZ, not bad. The lady was very friendly and helpful. I got 2oz cans of Espresso (#305), Sunday Picnic (to try a flake), Kajun Kake (to try a cake) and Autumn Evening, which smells heavenly. I went with this one because a few of the members here said it was great, one or two even said it's their favorite. It smells like a maple donut, heavenly almost. The only bummer... I lit up a cigar before I checked the mail, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to try one of these. Or maybe, just until after dinner :wink:

After dinner, excellent choice...mine tonight will be a C&D for a before bed smoke...which one....

I've got to agree. At first I thought the Kajun Kake was better but the Sunday Picnic Blows it away. I've got to admit that I still prefer my local B&M latakia blend for a non-aromatic though. I think if I got a good one from C&D I'd like it more though. Any suggestions for a good latakia blend from them?

For a little change of pace, try the Cross-eyed Cricket. Its an English blend, definite notes of Latakia, with a rum-punch topping. I don't know how to explain it, but it is AWESOME!

Jay, try the #412A Billy Budd...absolutely delicous.

Cornell & Diehl do amazing things, especially with English and burley blends - their aromatics are also excellent, for they are never goopy.

If you like a lighter English, try #416 Plantation Evening. If you want a serious hit of Latakia in a cake form, Pirate Kake is unbeatable. Also, I don't see it on their sight, but I would guess that if you ask for it by name or #417P Night Train, they'd produce if for you. It is a wonderful blend, rich in Perique.

Craig & Patti are also some of the nicest people in the world to work with.

TOdd

Thanks for the info guys. I had actually looked at a few of the ones you mentioned. Looks like it's time to place another order. And yes, I agree, they are very friendly people to deal with. I'm sure they'll be getting my business for a long time to come.

PuFf said:
Thanks for the info guys. I had actually looked at a few of the ones you mentioned. Looks like it's time to place another order. And yes, I agree, they are very friendly people to deal with. I'm sure they'll be getting my business for a long time to come.

Get in the box pass, and there will be some of those blends mentioned! :wink:

Capt said:
Get in the box pass, and there will be some of those blends mentioned! :wink:

I was thinking about it, but I've only got 7 blends here, most of which have quite a bit missing, and 2 of them from the local B&M are heavily cased aromatics that wouldn't quite make the grade, so I wouldn't be able to do it justice. Maybe next time I'll have more on hand, and some unopened tins as well.

OK I got a few
#210 Berry Good
#300 Apricot and Cream
#700 Dark Chocolate
Elegent Emu
Autumn Evening
Manhattan Afternoon
Bayou Morning

Gonna be a ood weekend!

Autumn Evening and Bayou Morning are both good stuff. I envy you, sir...

Waitaminnit...elegant EMU? That's ...an odd name...

I bought some Kajun Kake today. If only I had my pipe here in North Carolina. Oh well, I'll have to burn some of this on Tuesday. I also got some McClelland's Christmas Cheer 2006 (!) and some Dunhill Nightcap. I think I'm going to be smoking my pipe quite a bit this week.