Court Today

Joined Aug 2004
2K Posts | 0+
Chicago Born/Raised. Hollywood CA Resident
Well, it was over a month ago that I was having a BBQ In my back yard, tossing some bean bags, drinking some beers and of course smoking cigars....

A buddy of mine and I were telling stories of growing up, getting in trouble, BB guns, the whole thing. I told him a story of an old garage we had that my parents let me throw knives into, shoot taget practice with my BB guns, etc... It was already falling down so they didn't mind.

So my friend asked if I still had the BB guns, I do and I pulled one out. We lined up some cans not ten feet from us in a safe place...

About fifteen minutes later a police officer comes around the corner with her gun drawn!! It must have been a funny sight, a rifle cocked in my shoulder, a Fuente Masterpiece in my mouth, and a linen shirt unbuttoned to my navel.....anyway, I threw my hands up....It's a BB Gun I yelled....
I shot BB gun's for years in my neighboring town where I grew up....

Long story short, I was even in the police blotter, it read "Thor Nielsen was charged with the unlawful discharge of a firearm in a residential neighborhood....BB gun. I swear BB gun was the last word in the sentence, talk about defimation of character....

Oh well....I appear before the judge in 30 minutes, I'll let you know how it goes..... :wink:

I'm sure you can get off of the charges easily once you show that you were operating the BBgun in a safe manner.

I miss my old bbgun days *starts to reminisce*

Anyways, goodluck!

Keeping the fingers crossed for ya thor! Good luck, Hopefully you get a judge who feels the same way as mountnoir and I. Those were the good days!

Burning a diploma in your name!

:cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :neer: :neer: :mrgreen: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh:

Hey buddy, it wasn't the BB gun, it was the . . .

Hemingway BLASTerpiece.

Dontchaknowyougottahavealicensetasmokeonedemthings? That's a .357 Magnum of a cigar. One of your neighbors probably saw it in your mouth and figured you were getting ready to call Dr. Kevorkian.

:cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :pumpkin: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :cryinlaugh:

Well, if cigarsmoka hadn't already shown what a good sport he is, I wouldn't have dared. He's a nice guy and understands that I'm The Resident Dumbe Blond(e).

I gotta admire his courage with the Hemingway BLASTerpiece though. I've had a bunch of those in one of my desk tops for about six to eight months, but I don't dare smoke one until they're at least a year old. I usually wait at least a year, and sometimes still regret smoking it by the time two or three inches are left. It's always like, "why can't I just use these as trade fodder and smoke the Classics instead?" There's just two or three inches too much cigar for me most of the time.

By the way, EclipseMan, while I've got you on the line, speaking of blocking, I think my Jets are going to need help in that department this year, BIG TIME HELP!!! Think we can work something out? I'll get you the tryout and have a few boxes of cigars waiting when you get there. The rest is up to you, but I know you can handle it. If you can block out the sun and the moon, I think you can handle the NFL. :dunno:

How did we let it get this way? :( Someone fell asleep at the wheel. You can no longer shoot a BB gun without getting dragged into court. In chicago you cant even own a handgun. Folks I am telling you all now so mark my words we are becoming slaves. Remember the government is supposed to work for us, not the other way around.

Hey Thor, if they put you away...can I have your stash???

:soldier: :cop: :m16: :rnr: :uzi: :2guns: :bolt:

i used to shoot my bb gun in my parents back yard all the time, of course there was a big private school play yard behind our backyard, but i never shot it when there were people back there. what kind of pansy little baby would call the cops for some one shooting a bb gun in their own backyard at some cans? thats just ridiculous man! so many people in this world are so sissyfied that the sight of somthing resembling a gun freaks them out and makes them think they are in danger. i blame the media. all this damn crap on the news that is designed to inspire fear in people has turned this nation into a bunch of scarred pussys afraid of their own shadows. end rant.

I agree, the media is so selective and they throw everything completely out of proportion. The problem is that the public eats it all up and regurgitates it as their own beliefs.

Bloof, I promise you that I would be no help to your Jets... One because I'm 5'11" and 175 lbs, two because I'm originally from PITTSBURGH AND THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p

Ahhhh, a Steelers fan. I've always liked the Steelers. I was a big Bradshaw fan. Although I've been a Jets fan for the past 40 years, I do like other teams, and the Steelers REALLY impressed me last season. As a matter of fact, buried somewhere in the Sunday Morning Smoke thread is a bunch of posts between me and Vince about the Steelers. I was telling him after Game 13 or 14 that they were the guaranteed Super Bowl winners. This year it might really come true. Those guys will be angry, healthy and ready to kick some major NFL tuchas.

Well, let's hope!! They definately showed some seriously kick butt football last season, of course until post season, but none the less...They did get that far with a rookie quarteback which speaks volumes as long as it wasn't beginners luck! Definately looking forward to some cold Heinz field games frezzing my butt off watching the steelers romp all over the browns! :D

Hmmm...haven't heard from Thor yet. Maybe they DID put him away!!!

Guess I better get a plane ticket ready to fly to Chi-town and get his "stuff"!!! 8)

:soldier: :m16: :throwrock: :neer:

I believe ole Thor just might be sitting on Death Row right now. You know, with the gun laws in Chicago and all it's very possible. :D Simp

"Some people think I'm crazy,
Death Row is the label that pays me, . . ." - Snoop (Doggy) Dogg - 1996

:cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :neer: :mrgreen: :cryinlaugh: :sm_angel:

Dang Bloof!! I didn't pin you as a west coast rap fan Dawg?! See, you learn something new about people everyday!

:rotflmao: :cryinlaugh:

No, I'm not really a West Coast Rap fan, although I did like a lot of the early rap and hip hop stuff. I dated a woman from April '99 to April '02 who just turned 35, which is 13.4 years younger than me. Although she's a little Jewish girl, born in Lawn Guyland and grew up in Doylestown, PA (Home of Pink :thumbsup: ), somehow she's a huge rap fan. It's not the only music she likes, but she keeps up with everything in the world of rap, the feuds, the "relationships," and MTV and VH1 was always on. I'm actually sorry that it ended, because we had a good thing going. I picked up on some things, obviously. :dunno: :sm_angel:

Well go on with your bad self Bloof! Very nice indeed. My friend Babysat for Christina Aguilera back in the day. She's from Wexford PA and graduated from my high school...of course many years after I was well on my way to college debt, 9 to whenever job, middle age, and all the rest of fun things life holds treasured for you after high school!!

:D