Cuban cigars

cusccrstud21 said:
B128thopen said:
PS...Why are we talking about ACID on the cuban forum???

I was wondering the same thing....soooo i smoked a Partagas Short the other night from Early 2007...full bodied smoke that relaly pleased my palate!! I have 1 more and will leave that in the humi for another 6-12 months and try it out then...

Guys I hate to tell you, this is cigars 101 not the Havana lounge

haha, yea yea yea...i bet you guys can't wait for me to be running the marketing departments of fortune 500 companies!!

cusccrstud21 said:
haha, yea yea yea...i bet you guys can't wait for me to be running the marketing departments of fortune 500 companies!!

Ohhh great, my brother is a partner at Deloitte, I will warn him!!!

no don't warn him! if you warn him then how am i supposed to take the marketing field by storm?!?!

OH GREAT!!! That is all that this world needs!! Another Marketing weiney!! Just remember this tid bit that college will never teach you. Your forecasts will be wrong, ALWAYS. We get into arguments with our marketing department weekly. They screw up the forecasts and make us in Ops go crazy.

Well, I hope that when you are wrong, you are only off by a little. Good luck with your career, and be ready for the Ops guys to bash you all of the time. It is all in fun.

How about cigars from Italy? A guy gave a friend some quinteros. Since I don't smoke cubans I can't tell if they are good/bad real or fake. The box looks legit. Has a cuban sicker on it.

Nick, they are probably real. I can't imagine any one going thru the trouble to make fake Quinteros. If you are going to make a fake cigar, might as well make one that you can make a profit on.

DL

My pop picked me up a bunch of these last time he was over seas. They are ok, as Chris put it "Good for when you are not paying that much attention".

ncosino said:
So they are cheap cubans?

Yes, they are cheap Cubans. But like dustin said they are Chopped filler and I belive machine made but I could be wrong. Not goign to get any complexity out of them but it deos not mean they are bad. For me personaly they are a Bit to Herby and grassy for my tastes..YMMV

Barcochris said:
ncosino said:
So they are cheap cubans?

Yes, they are cheap Cubans. But like dustin said they are Chopped filler and I belive machine made but I could be wrong. Not goign to get any complexity out of them but it deos not mean they are bad. For me personaly they are a Bit to Herby and grassy for my tastes..YMMV

The book I have says 3 out of the 4 sizes are actually handmade, but I am not sure how current my book is.

Perelman's Cigarcyclopedia isn't all that current, either. The online version is still from 2007. Mr. Perelman tells me they were having trouble with the 2008 version and, because of time constraints, they decided to just go with the 2009 version which should be out in the not too distant future.

I live very close to border of Mexico and there are place that sale "Cuban cigars" How can you know if is 100% ? I have seen close boxes with seal from cuba.