Cuervo Black

Joined Apr 2005
3K Posts | 0+
Machias Maine
After all the ads on tv I went against my better judgment and bought a bottle of Jose Cuervro Black. As with other cuervo products it did not live up to the hype. I must admit it was better then there regular offerings but not by much. I would say a 4 out of 10..

Travis

Have you had it with Coke???

I kinda liked it neat too, kinda smokey, but not in a scotch way, and had only a hint of tequila....

Probably too much hype, I'll agree though

There are two types of tequila drinding and mixing. This would be ok for a mixing. There are way to many out so much beter then this for drinking. Don Eduardo is 10 bucks more and 200% better. Here is a pic of the top shelfs of my treasure chest.

Travis

I am over 21 and legally allowed to buy and consume alcohol in my state.

Attachments

• cab.JPG
    cab.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,969
You sir, are a tequila junkie!

Now my bourbon shelf looks like that though.....

O yes I am. Other then guns tequila is my biggest weakness. I just love the flavors. With every new one try I just like it more. I have friends who's parents live in AZ and they visit them every year. I very much look forward to the pictures from the Mexican liquor stores so I can pick out my choices. Ain't email and digital cams great.

Travis

Nice collection there Travis! Definately a few of my favorites in there. Have you ever tried Hussong's? It's probably my current favorite atm and it's actually a little cheaper than most of the top shelf brands.

http://randalls.stores.yahoo.net/rws1952.html

Take a look here if you haven't tried it.

You mean the Cabo Wabo line by Sammy Hagar? I have a friend who likes that. He went on a quest a few years ago, a mission, I guess just a period of time where he really wound up trying a lot of fine tequilas. I think there's another one he likes called Lapis.

The commercials I've seen show the Cuervo being poured over ice. To me, Tequila on ice is almost as bad as Cognac or a good Bordeux over ice!

Yuck!

Cabo Wabo IMHO is not anywhere near what it is cracked up to be. For less money you can get MUCH better.

Travis

With a collection like that, you would certainly know, Travis. Just out of curiosity, do you have a Top Five?

Yea Bloof, thats what I meant. Cabo. My proof reading wasn't working today.... 8)

Bloofington said:
With a collection like that, you would certainly know, Travis. Just out of curiosity, do you have a Top Five?

Top 5 I am not sure I will have to give it some thought. The best I myself have ever had was Herradura Suprema anejo not cheap but O so good.

Travis

Very impressive, Travismaine! Now I'm really bummed. I only have one bottle of Tequila in my house. I have Tequila envy.