Cusano Hermanos Vintage

Joined Mar 2007
222 Posts | 0+
Northeast Georgia
Ok this is my first review so be gentle... please.

Today I selected a stick that I had not previously tried, the Cusano Hermanos Vintage Robusto. It was the Connecticut shade version that I mistakenly picked up at my B&M back in early July. I thought that I had the sun grown variety, and I was less that ammused when I got home with it.

It had a velvety texture and was a little soft for my taste. It had a cedary aroma. The pre-light draw was light and I was worried that it might burn hot. There was a slightly sweet taste of cedar.

The first few puffs brought out a slight taste of coffee as well as the cedar. There was very little spice and I could exhale through my nose very easily.

By the time I hit the half way point I had quit paying attention to this ciger, but then it jumped up and slapped me in the face. The flavors had changed to leather, earth, and spice. The spice continued to build to a nice plateau that was just where I like it.

This was the first cigar in a while that has made me stop and take notice. In my opinion it was a complex full flavor ciger with a good helping of spiciness.

It made the drive from work to school a great trip. THe only complaint that I have is that it was my only one. I'll have to add a box to my next order.

I give it 4 out of 5 smoke rings.

Thanks for humoring me.

Sam

I've always wanted to try this cigar.

Thanks for the review!

Nice review! I like everything Cusano. I'll have to find some of these...