DevilDog/Iraq Care Package Thread

Joined Aug 2004
2K Posts | 1+
Is this the right info to send cigars????

Sgt Jeffrey L Townsend
HMLA-367 CAR PLAN
Unit 42065
FPO AP 96426-2065

My e-mail is the same:

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

The first one is my work e-mail (so be careful what you send me!)

Do we want to each send stuff or put together a big box for him &
others around him?

Let me know your thoughts -
If we want to do a big box I'd gladly pay shipping!

CC I'm up for which ever direction this goes,
I do like the idea of a big box for Jeff and those around him.

Skip

I would definitely be up for sending some stuff along as part of a larger shipment. Great idea CC.

Seems the Kind Souls of the forum have already started a box
for our Man in the feild.

Lets see what happens -

Alright guys, This has got to be the most generous forum that I have ever been on. I will post more details in the next couple weeks, but I am sending a box to Iraq. I have a cooler set aside for Cigars that you guys want to send. So go ahead and send them to me. I will send the box in most likely 6 weeks or so. Just mark the package somehow for Jeff, Or DevilDog

SO If you need my address let me know.

Edit: It does not have to be Cigars, but please keep it small.

Also Cyburs had a great Idea, how about sending his wife some babby stuff. LMK wat you all think

Folks:

I have moved this to the lobby because it is too important to leave in General Cigar Discussion - want to make sure we get as much exposure for this as possible.

Thanks,

Kevin

Barcochris said:
Also Cyburs had a great Idea, how about sending his wife some baby stuff. LMK wat you all think
I think that's a grand idea!

Chris, when are you planning on sending DD the package?

Brenda said:
Chris, when are you planning on sending DD the package?
Nevermind.

I just read in the Box Pass thread you'll be sending the cigars along with Box #1. You're awesome, Chris.

I put a couple in the box pass, but I'd like to send him some more. Barochris---please send me your addy. I am taking a road trip to JR Cigar in a couple weeks and I'd like to pick up some stuff for him.

Barcochris -- please let me know what size Jeff's daughter is. We have a 3yr old daughter that is actually running true to size. Depending upon Jeff's daughters size, we have lots of clothes (some have never even had the tags taken off, much less worn!).

Need to know what size Top, Bottom, and Shoe size. I could dang near fill a closet for her if she is smaller than Ariel!

Barcochris,
When is the deadline to send you the stuff for Jeff?

Doc, I will put up a post when I am going to send the box out. It will be at the end of box pass #1. I figure about six weeks.

E-mail From Devildog

Hey brother!

Man it has been CUHRAZEE here! They're keeping me busy like I'd hoped. I just wish they would send me out on some of the patrols that I keep training Marines for!

I've seen some of the posts on the forum.......what can I say? I'm speechless. Thank you, brother.

To be honest, if you're sending cigars, I'm a little worried about the condition they'll be in when they get here! It's taking about 2-3 weeks to receive mail here and the boxes are usually in pretty bad shape when they do. I would hate for you to send me valuable sticks only to be ruined. I'd rather you hold on to them and keep them in good shape or just send them to my wife and she'll store them in my humi until I get home. Especially if they're expensive cigars, I'd MUCH rather you send those to my house so that they can be stored correctly.

I brought quite a few cigars with me, so I'll be set for a while. Besides, I can get ISOM cigars out here pretty easily! I'm trying to figure out a way to get some home, know what I mean?

Yes, that's my address down below. My wife will be there. Tell everyone thank you.

I posted a quick hello on the forum for everyone. I'll try to e-mail and post as often as possible. The internet is off and on so much that's it's hard to answer all of the e-mails that I get before is shuts down again!

Thanks again,man and I'll talk to you soon,
Jeff

I think we should still send some cigars to him (donated ones) then I can send the rest of the cigars from the pass to his wife. Let me know what you guys think?