Diplomas

Joined Aug 2005
2K Posts | 0+
Gahanna, OH
I got my first box of Diplomas last week. I opened the box and WOW!!!, these are the strongest smokes I've ever smelled. I'd like to try one and then allow a few to rest or age. What does everyone else think of these cigars? Any suggestions on long-term aging?

I have smoked 2, and found that they were not as strong as they smelled pre-lit and not as strong as their rep.

No experience on aging them.

I used to smoke them all the time. Not as full bodied as people would have you believe in my opinion but I would still smoke them on a full stomach. I think its the flavor that does it. As far as aging, I've had them with 5-6 months on them but never with "long-term" age, so I don't know.

I got my first box Friday. I've had a few before. I agree with BP and iminaquagmire, not as strong as you would think, but still a strong tasting cigar. Happens to be my favorite right now.

Is the Diploma you are refering to th Camacho Corojo 5x50 or is it a separate cigar line??

yup, you got it...it's the Camacho Corojo Ltd., 5x50.....a GREAT stick and a favorite of a good number of us here!! :)

I have a box of about 45 sticks that just turned one years old last week :D They age slowly as do most cigars from this region and of this strength. I find them to age a lot like the La Aurora 100 Anos. They need time and TLC. I would say I will start to notice more changes in another 2 to 3 years. Great cigar though. One of my all time favorites. Lots of flavor.

Good 'ol Diploma...

I was really on a kick for a while...so much that now I have to give myself a break. I too have a bunch that just turned about a year old. I'll probably wait another year or so to smoke them again, but if they hit a stride, they better watch out!!

I found that a lot of people were lovers or haters of the Diploma. Not much in between.

I used to call it "rich and earthy". I smoked them everyday for a while.

My buddy said "they taste like dirt".

I have not smoked one in a while. Maybe it's time to dig a few out of storage.

The Diploma ( Natural and Maduro) are the most complex and tasty non-cuban cigar I have ever smoked. The cigar tends to be dry.It smokes best at about 60 % humidity but you will experience a very fragile wrapper. Too fragile to even travel away from the house. I tried to increase the humidity but it doesn't smoke as well.
I only smoke them in my local cigar shop where I can pick out a good wrapper. The last ones I smoked at home had about six months age on them which did improve them - I think.
In conclusion, a great smoke but overpriced due to a bad wrapper.
Hopefully, Camacho will improve this product.

I just smoked my first Diploma.

It was....

:shock: :evil: :twisted:

:soldier: :hypercolor: :eeek: :uzi: :2guns: :2guns: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good!!!!!!!!!!!!