Do non-Cubans take sick days?

Joined Jan 2005
2K Posts | 0+
So Cal
The reason I ask is because of something that happened last week.

I smoked a Cien Anos robusto which was terrible. It burned fine but the taste was awful. It came from a box I bought last year which has been sitting in my cabinet at the proper levels. About an hour later I decided to try a belicoso from a box purchased about a month later and it was flawless. It's also being kept at the proper humidity and temp levels so it got me wondering if non-cubans also go through a "sick period?"

I figured I'd ask before trying to smoke another robusto since I'm trying to make them last for a long time.

Thanks

Maybe, but since last year? I'm thinking perhaps just a "dud," like when you hear stories of people who cut open cigars to find foreign objects, stalks, hippos and old trucks in there. If you still have any of the cigar, cutting it open might reveal something.

I am not 100% on this - but tobacco is tobacco &
it is going through a process of (not sure what to call it).
I wanted to say fermentation but that is not it.
I have to imagine there would be a moment in every cigars life that
during it's aging process it would taste off.

Good Question!
CC

Bloofington said:
Maybe, but since last year? I'm thinking perhaps just a "dud," like when you hear stories of people who cut open cigars to find foreign objects, stalks, hippos and old trucks in there. If you still have any of the cigar, cutting it open might reveal something.

I heard they cut one open and found a New Jersey licence plate....O wait, that was a shark....nevermind

Lucky you are from Jersey, Motion!

Anyone else that makes fun of The Garden State like that will get a poke taken at them!!
:poke:

:lol:

I never realized that New Jersey was big enough of a state to have a central and southern part.

cutter said:
I never realized that New Jersey was big enough of a state to have a central and southern part.

It's not huge, but it is very different. North Jersey is the foothills of the Appliachian Mountians where South Jersey is all sand and pine barrens...

OH, OK, gloves off now OK Motion....
Ever had blueberries??? Blueberry Capitol of the world, Hammonton NJ. SOUTHERN NJ

Tomatoes?? The Garden State, arguably the best tomatoes you will ever have in your whole life, even if you live to a ripe old age...yep, Jersey tomatoes.
Since we know that the rest of Jersey is a parking lot, or a Chemical factory, OR BOTH...where do you think they are grown??? SOUTHERN NJ.

Ever heard the Bobby Rydell song "Wildwood Days"?
Hmmm, oh yeah, located "down the shore", SOUTHERN NJ

In case you want to question the validity of my claims:

http://www.townofhammonton.org/
http://www.rce.rutgers.edu/tomato/foodindustry/

Hummmph, don't get me started....
:wink:
http://www.bobbyrydell.com/

Don't forget to remind everyone that you guys are the proud owners of a forest of stunted pine trees!!!

AND The Jersey Devil... :twisted:

Maybe I'll talk to him and have him"visit" a particular NJ-ite who needs some learnin' ...

You know, I just smoked a Cien anos Churchill this afternoon and I thought it was a little off as well...just didn't hit like they have before....I've had mine a little over a year as well...
Jose Blance (with La Aurora) will tell you that cigar will be good for years and years...I think I have to agree but the one I smoked today was mild and rather bland.....
I'll try one of the Coronas I have and see how those are....

axegod75 said:
The reason I ask is because of something that happened last week.

I smoked a Cien Anos robusto which was terrible. It burned fine but the taste was awful. It came from a box I bought last year which has been sitting in my cabinet at the proper levels. About an hour later I decided to try a belicoso from a box purchased about a month later and it was flawless. It's also being kept at the proper humidity and temp levels so it got me wondering if non-cubans also go through a "sick period?"

I figured I'd ask before trying to smoke another robusto since I'm trying to make them last for a long time.

Thanks

http://www.cigarwise.net/showthread.php?t=300

I had a CAO Sopranos Boss tonight that was in my humi since they were released. It had these exact characteristics, ie ammonia, muted flavors, etc. The ones I had in months past were fantastic with notes of black pepper and other strong aromas. This one had no distinguished flavors besides ammonia/metals. Kinda sucks too not only because it was expensive and I had been resting it (albeit not terribly long) but it was the last and only one. Now the importance of the practice of always buying at least two is really hitting home. I do it now, just wish I had then.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I guess I'll just have to fire up another Cien Anos to see what happens.

But I better wait until July 4th for that one so I don't think of myself as a cigar glutton :wink:

Hey Hey Hey now there is no such thing as a cigar glutton. If you want to smoke it then smoke it. You only live once.

RGalyon0911 said:
Hey Hey Hey now there is no such thing as a cigar glutton. If you want to smoke it then smoke it. You only live once.

I would like to agree with the statment, but my wallet might have some issues if I did :lol: