Fave wine (how many times has this thread been done before?)

Joined Jul 2004
284 Posts | 0+
White: Ice wine that I sampled at Valley Vineyards in Morrow, Ohio. Man, that stuff was absolutely superb!!!!! It was sweet, and you could hardly taste the alc. Tasted like pop.

Red: Riunite Lambrusco. An excellent red. I wonder if my pops will ever discover it missing. :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :wine:

"Scott, did you drink all of my Riunite?" :shame:
"Errrrrrrrrrm...no?" :bolt:
"Yeah you did."
"Your Riunite fell, down my esophagus." :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :wine:
"You owe me for that bottle."
"Sure, that's cool."

Other: Mead (honey wine, in case yean know. My pops picked up a bottle at Valley Vineyards a few years ago.), and Hpnotiq (cognac, vodka, and fruit juice. Rappers seem to like this stuff.)

Worst wine: Any Wild Irish Rose. A superbly blech wine. A delicate blend of crap and more crap. :barf:

White: Mosel Saar Ruwar (the reigion I like best for wines), Auslese Riesling. Leonard Kreusch is one of my favorite Weinkellerei's.

Otherwise, most rieslings are good. I like Auslese and Spatlesa's the best.

Still looking for a favorite Red. :D

Update: I just took a sip of some old Holland House red Sherry cooking wine. This makes the top of the list as most nasty. The taste reminded me of glue, gasoline, or ether fumes. Uber blech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :barf:

Man, you guys are into the sweet wines! I can't believe you actually put Riunite on you favorite list. That's a kids wine. We used to call int Ruin Ur Nighty! :lol:

Have you ever heard of Chardonnay or the white Burgundy's? Red Bordeaux's, Cabernet's or Merlots?

Ed

There are several Merlot's I like. However, I am starting to think that Merlolt is the White Zin of the 2000's!!!!

My husband (JR) and I both like German White Wines. We are trying all sorts of others for fun!!! Aussies are coming on strong.

I started out drinking German whites then quickly progressed to the DRYER wines. I was already past the sweeter wines when the so-called White Zinfandels hit in the 80's. We sold a ton of it though (along with Riunite and Cella).

The Aussies and the South Africans make some fine wines in the Bordeaux and Burgundy styles. (read Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay)

Ed

SpecialEd said:
Man, you guys are into the sweet wines! I can't believe you actually put Riunite on you favorite list. That's a kids wine. We used to call int Ruin Ur Nighty! :lol:

Have you ever heard of Chardonnay or the white Burgundy's? Red Bordeaux's, Cabernet's or Merlots?

Ed

I like wine, but I'm no expert conniseur. Wine and guns just aren't the same thing.

cotes du rhone, cotes du beaune, chateauneuf-du-papes, gigondas, best at 13.0 - 14.0 percent.