Favorite cigar and drink

Joined Jul 2005
3K Posts | 0+
MI
What cigar/drink combinations are your favorites? I will list my two:

1. Cohiba (Red Dot) Toro with Grand Marnier

2. Cohiba (cuban) Siglo II with Glenlivet 18yr

I hope you will all list a couple. I have found it hard to find matches that don't over-power each other. I look forward to trying some of yours.

I used to smoke these maduros; IIRC Bahiia (sp?) - havent seen any for sale locally though :( I really liked them with Corvousier VSOP (or even better XO) Port is also great. At a favorit resturant in a faraway locale I was once working in, I had a big hand in killing a very nice bottle of Australian tawny port; It was by Penfolds and called 'grandfather' IIRC. Havent been able to find any of that for sale either, although I havent looked recently.

P.S. I did a little websearch. The Cigars I used to like were the Bahia Gold Maduros. Anyone know who sells them in the Houston Tx. area? I notice that they have been reblended since I have smoked one; I am not sure if I will still like them, so I am not yet ready to buy a whole box. Besides I dont even own a humidor, and a box of cigars + a humidor is a decent sized chunk of change. Thats 1K rds of ammo...

YES!!! I beat Thor and Axe to posting on this one since I know the three of us share a common cigar/ drink combo.

Hemmingway Short Story and Cup of Coffee Black to start the day.

That is a great way to start the day....

I love coffee and smokes, one of my top choices...

Club soda is good for when I'm sampling....

I actually like wine with cigars too....

I'll definitely second the SS / coffee black which Macallan beat me to. Need to pick up a few more boxes before the word really gets out on how good they go together. :lol:

Lately I've been enjoying the milder Opus RDC with either the Graham's '94 or Fonseca's '97 Vintage Ports.

Padron 3000 with Corvousier VSOP.

Diploma Maduro with a Hefeweizen Beer.

The Graham's '94 is an excellent port. I find it goes well with a #9 Cuesto Ray Pyramid, natural.

Also, I found a tall glass of Coke, filled with ice really rounds out a CAO MX2 Toro. It is interesting how the carbination cleanses the palette between puffs. But WHATEVER you do, stay away from Mountain Dew and a smoke.... that is one Nasty combination.

Also, I tried the Short Story with a coffee that Thor, Axe and the crew have trumpeted. Very good. Even went out a bought a box.

Also, I believe the PBL churchill will be going up in smoke this evening. It does look like it is an intimidating smoke. The wife smelled it and said "Your not going to smoke that?, it stinks". Generally when she says that, it will be a damn fine smoke.

The stinkier the better!!

I love my cigars that smell awful to most people

Coffee with a really robust maduro.

Scotch and Bourbon with just about any cigar.

I'll kick myself for this because I am a big beer freak and tend to avoid the big three (Bud, Miller, Coors), but they go great as palate refresher between puffs because they don't overpower the cigar.

Finer micro-brews, especially hoppy IPAs are slaughtered by good cigars.

Diploma Maduro with a Hefeweizen Beer.

Now that I must try.

Scott let us know your thoughts on the PBL. I have grown attached to those babies. Buy I still have not forgotten about my diplomas. :D

Hydra- You are correct about hoppy beers and cigars. My favorite, DFH 90 min. IPA, would be a waste of good beer, to drink with a cigar. On the other hand, a good american wheat beer, goes great with any cigar.

You guys will probably find this disgusting...

I have been smoking my morning cigar with a ice cold redbull...

How is that for stimulation in the morning!?

red bull sucks!! never mix it with vodka. one time i did that i swear i was halucinating, i didnt even recognise the guy i had invited over from work! lol

Hello, you must be reading my mind. I was just gonna ask what everyone here likes to drink with there smoke. I like johnny black with my trinidads, and a blend of 100 scotches called a "Century of Malts" 100 year old or better companys. With any thing else I smoke. Tonight I have had a VSG Robusto, with some johnny black and now I have moved on to an opus x with some century scotch. Nice way to start a vacation.