Favorite everyday (cheap) cigar??

Joined Jan 2006
752 Posts | 0+
Kansas City
I think this may have been covered in an older thread, but decided to ask anyway. I have my new desktop humi up and going, but.....it's empty!!! :shock: this 75 count is sort of deep and has no lift out tray. I do not want to start filling it up with singles, so thought I would pick up a box of two different cigars to put in it. This humi will be handy right on my desk, so I am thinking some "everyday" smokes are in order. I will probably get one maduro and one NON maduro. My question to you all is this:

What is your favorite inexpensive smoke?

So far, Flor de Oliva. Particularly the Maduro. I haven't tried out 5 Vegas, c.com, or Sol Cubano yet though. I've got c.com & Sol Cubano samplers coming tomorrow. I'd meant to get the 5 Vegas sampler as well, but forgot.

My everyday cigar before the Cusano 18 was the CAO Gold. I bought a box of Corona Gordas' every two weeks.

JR's sells the Genuine Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cubans 1958 Epicure cigars and at $82.50 for a box of 50 or $9.75 for a 5 pack. I can't help myself. they are a great cheap cigar.

Spider, I'll throw one in the box for you to try :D

My favorite "cheap" smoke is the Fuente exquisito. Small but, very flavorful and also just under two bucks a stick.

I'm also a fan of the Cusano 18 robustos. Creamy delicious.

Cigar.com Cameroon label. I smoke these ALL OF THE TIME!!! You just can't go wrong!

I've got a few such as the Cusano 18 Robusto, Oliva "O" Classic Ole, 5 Vegas Gold Torpedo, and of course the Hemingway Short Story :)

bkelm18 said:
I knew Capt was gonna chime in with his Cameroon Labels. :lol:

Anyone got info about the c.com cuban label. I wana buy some just for an everyday kinda smoke...

Brenda said:
My favorite "cheap" smoke is the Fuente exquisito. Small but, very flavorful and also just under two bucks a stick.

I'm also a fan of the Cusano 18 robustos. Creamy delicious.

I'm with you on this one Brenda!
I smoke these all the time - actually the only NC I smoke.

well we are talking cheap here so I will say my favorite cheap smoke is a Pedron fumas...yes I know its short filler but you can not beat the flavor, draw, gobs of smoke, great burn all for under 2 dollars a stick

a little ugly but oh so flavorfull and if you buy a box of 25 for about $1.65 each....you just cant beat it

now if you want to jump up to $3.20 a stick the Padron 3000 is my second favorite worth at least double or triple...this is one fine smoke......i'm in love with the 3000's

I agree with the fuma, that's a great smoke. You can't go wrong with any of the Padron cigars. The Delicias and the 2000's are also great and light on the wallet.

I'm gonna have to say my favorite is the 5 Vegas A, and I also enjoy the 5 Vegas Gold, although I've only had one. It was EXCELLENT. I like the Exquisitos, and another favorite is the 858 maduro. I get those for a little under 5 bucks. I've tried the Padon Fumas and enjoyed them as well.

I smoke a lot of Cheep bundle stuff & a lot of seconds, when I can get them, seconds are tasty & I havent ever found anything wrong with them , I have found first line smokes with bigger defects than some seconds, , I try to stay away from cut filler smokes , they taste just fine, but I am a chewer & I hate to get a mouthfull of bits & pieces of tobacco , if you need a band on your cigar ( I remove mine asap ) I dont want to name brands in public, I have a shop & work for a tabacco company so I would want to push the brands I sell, but that isnt fair so I will hold off going public but will discuss it in a PM if more info is needed.
Enjoy, Vince

Cheap everyday smokes ... Padron Fumas, AF Curly Head Deluxe, AF Exquisitos, Consuegras.

My tobacconist is good friends with the Patels so he can sell his Rocky Patels for a little less. Otherwise the maduro Exquisitos and the Flor de Oliva 10th Anniversary are my cheap smokes.

demfer said:
bkelm18 said:
I knew Capt was gonna chime in with his Cameroon Labels. :lol:

Anyone got info about the c.com cuban label. I wana buy some just for an everyday kinda smoke...

Cuban labels are good too. I have boxes of both, and I enjoy the Cuban in the middle of a day, to help get over that mid-day "hump". They are stronger, and have a more powerful finish than the other Cigar.com house labels.

I think mine is now the Rocky Patel Vintage 90 Torpedos if I can get the seconds on them. The friday deal that Cigar.com had a few weeks ago was excellent - I should have ordered more!

Thanks Tim Blythe for the reminder!