Favorite Medium Bodied Smoke

Joined Feb 2008
261 Posts | 0+
Grand Rapids, MI
I want to hear all of the favorite stix for medium body cigars out there! I'm lookin to buy some and I want some input from some seasoned herfers!!

cool...does CCOM sell those? or if not could you PM me on where to find them? I can't really find a good local smoke shop that carries a wide variety of smokes

Nah, C.Com doesn't carry RASS (Ramon Allones Specially Selected) or PSD4 (Partagas Serie D no. 4) as both are cuban. Don't fret, however, as there are a number of medium-bodied cigars that provide great bang for your buck. Padrons, with either maduro or sun-grown wrappers, are medium bodied, well made, and available for under $3.50 for a robusto-sized smoke. Arturo Fuente makes a number of good values in that range as well - Chateau Fuente Sun-Growns and the classic line Cuban Corona are excellent buys. Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion is also a solid medium bodied smoke available for under $4. In general, I would avoid cigars produced by Altadis and General Cigar, most of them are, in my opinion, overpriced. Most smaller brands make at least one label of cigars that are very good and also very reasonably priced. 5 Vegas, Cusano, and Oliva all are regularly mentioned as such. Best advice is to get a few samplers and some singles, see what you like, and take it from there.

PS - Welcome to the forums!

alright cool, yea, i'm looking around at different samplers to figure out what i like the best...in your opinion what is your favorite medium bodied stick?

Gotta remember. My or anyone elses medium bodied smoke could be much different from yours. A medium bodied to me may be light to you or extremely harsh to you. As CBS said the best way to go is get several samplers and try for yourself. Cigars are a very personal thing. I may love a brand that you may hate.

Yea, i totally understand, I just want to hear how wide the range is and what you guys consider, you know, just testing out the waters.

Yea, i do like the oliva brand...i've had a couple of their different series and I do like them...i haven't tried the G series yet, I think i'm going to have to order me a couple and see how I like them

Tatuaje Havana VI
Padron 6000
Padilla Miami
Gran Habano #5
Oliva Series V

yea, i've had the oliva series v before...i really enjoyed that one...I've heard good things about the padilla miami....lets keep them coming, what about everybody else out there on this message board?

elidog: i've looked everywhere for the tatuaje havana VI...do you happen to have a supply of them you would be willing to trade for or for me to buy one off of you?

Here's link to a fantastic source. I wish I had a few on hand I would happily send you one to try. I tend to smoke them quickly though :D . Their my favorite NC right now and I show little self control when it comes to saving them. :D

Oh yeah I completely forgot about the Tatuaje Havana VI. It's more medium-full to me, but it is absolutely incredible. Bit pricier than the rest, but it's a great smoke.