Flavors Anyone?

Sep 16, 2013
Jacksonville, TX
I've read that Drew Estates' Acid stick are big sellers and I'm not sure why. I tried to smoke a Blondie months back and threw it out before half way through.
I just did not enjoy a "strange" flavor/aroma in a premium cigar.

Maybe I'm strange; any input would be interesting.

Dec 15, 2012
Harker Heights, TX
To me, Acids are like smoking potpourri, it's not a natural flavor. I'm not an infused smoker but I enjoy a Rocky Patel Java or ToraƱo Decadencia once in a while.

Oct 14, 2012
Connecticut
I have yet to find a flavored cigar I like and I doubt I ever will, because I'm not looking. I also smoke a pipe, so if I want flavor I can always go that route with my standard black cavendish or just stop at a gas station and buy a flavored cigar. Now I have smoked a cognac infused Oliveros and I do have a couple of rum infused Oliveros and a cognac infused expensive Gurkha in the humidors (tubos). That Oliveras rum infused was OK, but not something that's on my to buy list.

Sep 16, 2013
Jacksonville, TX
Well, maybe it's the Asian or European markets that buy. Or maybe not. Could it be the sport bike and rider on the box? That did pique my interest as I ride Ducs.

Aug 10, 2007
Somewhere down in Texas
Marketing has a lot to do with it. Drew Estate has done well with that. In my opinion, Acids and flavors have brought a lot of people to cigars who otherwise may not have tried a cigar. As for me, I've smoked to Acid Blondies. Not sure why I smoked the second one because I hated it just as much as the first. There is a coffee infused cigar line that Drew Estate puts out that I have smoked several of, and don't mind them that much. I just have to be in the mood.

DL

Oct 14, 2012
Connecticut
I remember the Professor Sila, the nitros and the Tatiana Mocha---all negatively. I did smoke the crappy flavored and plastic tip cigars back when I finally quit cigarets but only for a short while before going to the pipe and cigars. If one can pick up the flavors in a good unflavored cigar- that is something you want again and again.