Flor de Oliva

Joined Jan 2006
152 Posts | 0+
Has anyone tried these?
I was thinking specifically of the Flor de Oliva Gold (with the Connecticut wrapper). They seem pretty inexpensive, just wondered if they are any good.

i havent had the the gold's, but the 10th anniversary's are pretty good, good bang for the buck as they are cheap, a lil mild for my taste but theres definately a place for them in my repertoire every now then...

I had one friday night

I only had a short time on friday night for a cigar, I was pretty sure I wouldn't get to smoke the whole thing so I took out the inexpensive Flor de Olivia. (the regular one, not the gold.) It wasn't bad, but it did have a sweet gum tip. I didn't realize this when I bought it. I don't really care for the sweet tip, but other than that it wasn't bad.

I just bought a bundle of the naturals and love them. It's a decent bang for the buck.
-D

Personally I love the Maduros. They're one of my favorites, despite being cheap. The 10th Aniversary was good as well, but I found the Gold, "regular", and Corojo versions a bit lacking.

Beware of the Flor De Oliva Originals (Sumatra) if you don't want a sweet tip. They use a little sugar in the vegetable gum to adhear the cap on the wrapper. It's really odd if you don't like sweet on a cigar. This is the only one with that sweetness.

I'll smoke a Gold (Connecticut) with coffee because it's really mild but extremely smooth.(otherwise I hate anything mild) 8)

The Maduro is so popular, production is working overtime to keep up. Love em.

The Corojo can be an aquired taste. But it's spice and character keeps me happy.

The FDO's are well constructed, tasty, and very affordable. Thats not a sales pitch, that's exactly what I would have posted before I got a job there.

If you need a bigger cigar they have the Giants. Hell, they even have a 10x66 if you need a cigar to double as self defense.

Where the hell is Cory? I don't want to be the only Oliva rep on this site!

Dave

I've had pretty much all Oliva brands and they're ALL GOOD! The Gold which you speak of is a beautiful Connecticut wrapper and quite on the mild side. The burn is extremely even. These cigars are very good and the construction is almost flawless! Well worth giving them a try.

Big Paintbrush said:
I'm a Flor de Ho!

Luv my Oliva's! Corojo, Golds, Giants, all of 'em.

Giants??? Are you crazy?

There is a 10x66!! Tell me you can actually fit that in your mouth!

:lol:

I carry one in my car for self defense. :wink:

Just to be different, I am going to say Brazilia, you won't be sorry for sure!

Love the Brazilia line. But thery can be over double the price of a FDO bundle. I you want t abang for the buck cigar, I don't think you can beat them.

Big Paintbrush said:
er.....I have 1/2 a bundle of those....

You MUST eat before hand.....alot.

You gotta post a pic of yourself smoking a 10x66! When you do, send me a message with your shipping address. But be warned, I will be sharing said pic with everyone. 8)