Forbidden X Tubed Double Chateau

Joined Apr 2005
713 Posts | 0+
CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA!!!!
My local shop has a new box of these bad boys in, and are charging 35.00 a piece for them? I was wondering what the consensus might think of that price? i thought it was OK, not bad for retail.

Regards,
Paul

while i really enjoy an opus from time to time i am not into collecting cigars... and i won't pay over $25 for a single stick without someone doing a super good job on selling me.

Not sure if that price is on target or not but its too high for me!

Agreed, but I wouldn't mind having a few aging in the Humi for those extra special occasions, but I agree, for a domestic stick, that is pricey!!

i have ten of the robusto size left from an order... i paid $10 a piece for them, for some reason i just have a feeling CC or someone will chime in with a site you can get them cheaper. Maybe $30?
I admit the price doesn't sound THAT off target to me, just sounds higher then i like to spend. I could buy 50 fumas for that... and i love those fumas. I do keep some special occasion sticks around too so i understand the point, hopefully someone can figure out the price.

That is market price. The MSRP for 2 when they were released 2 years ago was 25.00 each

My favorite size, although I haven't smoke it yet in the Opus is the 7 X 44, or 7.5 X42...the Gran Panatela! I think it is the sexiest size of a Cigar....

I've smoked some of the Cubans in that SIze, Trini Fundadore, Cohiba Lancero etc....

and I only have one of the Opus of that size that came in the DVD set a year or two back! I don't know when or if i'll ever smoke it!!

I need more of these!!

Exactly my point smoka, I have two that came in the DVD set as well, but I can't bring myself to smoke them for collector reasons. With that, I thought if I had one or two more, then I would smoke the others to be able to say I did, since I'm sure they are nothing short of a yummy stick!

Dunno, 35 I think will constitute a no in my book, but interesting that they had them. They tend to have allot of Opus in this shop, but i asked about the Fathers day release of the Anejo's and I was told ya right...So I'm guessing they are getting them from Wholesalers.

Fun Fun Fun! :lol:

I bet most of the Añejo's are being held for sale at the Fuente store in Vegas :roll:

Well being in the process of doing all of my "do" dilligence for the business, I actually spoke with my local Fuentes sales woman "Hot by the way". She verified my thoughts that this place is not a fuentes re-seller, that he probably buys through wholesalers, so, You may very well be right Axe, I can't confirm or not. She said the typical response, " Limited quantity, shipping in time for fathers day and Christmas, select stores will recieve them". Translates to Blah Blah Blah without the sticks if you ask me! :roll:

I just got a call from my local shop to let me know this year's Opus are now in. Like Eclipse_man's shop he has the Forbiddens for 35 each. But he is also selling the regular Opus at around 2x MSRP...and he's an authorized Fuente dealer!? Even his DC Maximus are going between 28-32 a piece. Is this the norm around the country or has this guy been slipping through the cracks?

To be honest the New Forbiddens with the black opus bands are quite different than regular Opus. Very mild to me when comparing it with much more subtle opus flavors....at least to me, it's not the smack you in the face opus flavors! 8)

Oh I agree, they kind of remind me of the taste of a well-aged Opus. I wasn't shocked to see the price on those, my main concern was what this guy is asking for the regular line and Maximus. It seems much too high for an authorized dealer. I mean, for anyplace except Vegas :wink: :lol: