Forum Pipe,,, Any interest?

Feb 6, 2006
Kelvin's House
I have come across a few carvers a couple in particular.

So I was wondering if there is enough interest in doing a forum pipe. a pipe that would be just made for us, one size and finish.

What do you all think?

What Price point would we be looking at? I am thinking we could get a real nice pipe for say 100.

Let me know

Feb 6, 2006
Kelvin's House
Ok I heard back from Charlie on this. He seems to be interested.

Here is a bit about him Charles Sharp

I bought a Poker from him that i just love, smokes great and is a perfect draw.

But what we need to decide is what shape, finish and stem, then work out the details. I told him that we need to keep it really no more than 100 but under would be OK.

So let me know.

For me, I am thinking a Dublin or Bulldog in a blast with a Cumberland stem.

Feb 6, 2006
Kelvin's House
Next round of information.

Hi Chris:

As far as the pipes you speak of the Dublin shape is fine. The way you are talking the members would prefer a smooth finish. That's ok.
Next is the stem saddle or straight ? Material ? How many? Color-stain- Natural? If all these pipes come out straight grains great. Depending
though some might be straighter than others. When would you want them? The less I have to do the better the price. Hand made stems as
opposed to Hard rubber stems would change the price (less work). Once we have worked this out I can give you the price. I 'am sure it will
not run over the $ 100.00 that you mentioned before. But again I would be able to do it cheaper with the Hard Rubber stems as I said.
We will be coming back on Sunday. I would love to get started on this for you. So let me know. Almost forgot standard size or large?

Charlie

I personally would prefer the hand made stem but if we can get more people involved with the hard rubber I am ok with that.

so we need to lock it in. I think we are at a Smooth grain with a natural finish but if you all want a stain I am ok with that as well.. Standard size is ok with me.

and how many.

Connor and Dustin, don't argue you are both in.

Nov 20, 2007
The hills and the hollers
After the last peer pressure you put on me over the weekend, I may have to duck out on this one unless we wait till after Christmas.