Forum Pipe,,, Any interest?

Joined Feb 2006
2K Posts | 3+
Kelvin's House
I have come across a few carvers a couple in particular.

So I was wondering if there is enough interest in doing a forum pipe. a pipe that would be just made for us, one size and finish.

What do you all think?

What Price point would we be looking at? I am thinking we could get a real nice pipe for say 100.

Let me know

Aw jeez Edith... I'm saving for other things right now but WTH? Put me down!

Ok I heard back from Charlie on this. He seems to be interested.

Here is a bit about him Charles Sharp

I bought a Poker from him that i just love, smokes great and is a perfect draw.

But what we need to decide is what shape, finish and stem, then work out the details. I told him that we need to keep it really no more than 100 but under would be OK.

So let me know.

For me, I am thinking a Dublin or Bulldog in a blast with a Cumberland stem.

I'm easy, I'll go along with whatever the "experts" recommend. :shocked:

I may be able to be convinced. Dont count me in yet, but keep me in mind.

B128thopen said:
I may be able to be convinced. Dont count me in yet, but keep me in mind.

I am not sure who you are kidding.... Keep me in Mind.... whatever.. it wont take much

Here are a few pics that he sent me on that Pipe. to keep the cost down a bit I am not sure if we could do an embelishment or not but we can figure that out. as it is that pipe went for 125.

Attachments

• NEW_DUBLIN_1.JPG
    NEW_DUBLIN_1.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 112
  • NEW_DUBLIN_2.JPG
    NEW_DUBLIN_2.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 110
  • NEW_DUBLIN_3.JPG
    NEW_DUBLIN_3.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 110
  • NEW_DUBLIN_4.JPG
    NEW_DUBLIN_4.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 110
Next round of information.

Hi Chris:

As far as the pipes you speak of the Dublin shape is fine. The way you are talking the members would prefer a smooth finish. That's ok.
Next is the stem saddle or straight ? Material ? How many? Color-stain- Natural? If all these pipes come out straight grains great. Depending
though some might be straighter than others. When would you want them? The less I have to do the better the price. Hand made stems as
opposed to Hard rubber stems would change the price (less work). Once we have worked this out I can give you the price. I 'am sure it will
not run over the $ 100.00 that you mentioned before. But again I would be able to do it cheaper with the Hard Rubber stems as I said.
We will be coming back on Sunday. I would love to get started on this for you. So let me know. Almost forgot standard size or large?

Charlie

I personally would prefer the hand made stem but if we can get more people involved with the hard rubber I am ok with that.

so we need to lock it in. I think we are at a Smooth grain with a natural finish but if you all want a stain I am ok with that as well.. Standard size is ok with me.

and how many.

Connor and Dustin, don't argue you are both in.

After the last peer pressure you put on me over the weekend, I may have to duck out on this one unless we wait till after Christmas.