Friday deal

Joined Aug 2005
2K Posts | 0+
Armpit of the world....Al Asad, Iraq
Last Fri I ordered the deal for the firsttime.

It hasn't even shipped yet. Anyone know how long it takes to ship or recieve?

I'm anxious!

depends on your choice of shipping. mine shipped friday nite supposed to be here wednesday. you should get a email saying it shipped if not call your rep and ask him about your ship date. hope this helps jeff :D

The time I ordered the deal it shipped Monday.
All the "order shipped" emails I've gotten from c.com are dated within 2 minutes of 0600 Eastern Standard Time. In other words, it looks like a batch job that runs once a day in the morning.
So far I'm 3/3 on orders going out by the end of the next business day. I've never had one go out the same day, but I haven't ordered in the morning.

I predict:
1. Your smokes have already shipped.
2. You'll get the "order shipped" email right around 1100 GMT Tuesday, Feb 27 2006.
3. UPS will get around to putting tracking info on thier web site between Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon.

I agree with Zandor. My orders get processed and shipped next business day.

Remember DD, we're on the west coast. We're usually the last to get anything. :shock:

I ordered the Friday deal and it was at my door in Brooklyn, NY at about 2:00pm Monday. Great deal fast shipping what more can I ask for.

I got mine yesterday with the mail. I am also on the east coast. So I guess the east coast bias doesn't just apply to the media. :p

hey steviedenali what part of brooklyn? im from queens and used to go to brooklyn all the time

If you order before 3pm est, your order will ship out the same day. If it is after that, the order will ship out the next business day.

Hey DD, you probably already do this but, When you call Cigar.com always ask for the added deal for the day is. In my case I got 2 day air for $9.95 and it shipped the same day (Fri) because I ordered before 3pm est. Out here in Cali we can wait for a long time but my Friday deal is here in my lap right now. :D

foodislife said:
Hey DD, you probably already do this but, When you call Cigar.com always ask for the added deal for the day is. In my case I got 2 day air for $9.95 and it shipped the same day (Fri) because I ordered before 3pm est. Out here in Cali we can wait for a long time but my Friday deal is here in my lap right now. :D

well how about a review? :idea:

A review eh? Ok lets see how I can put words to this:
First and not the question, I know, but still important, the 20 Sol Cubano cigars arrived in a brick that thrills me because I just love that. They are in perfect shape. Each one has passed through my hand and the quality is perfect. (They now sit in my humi, naked in all their glory).
First up so far is the Maduro. It lights with a really nice wood/earth aroma. The burn is even throughout the entire smoke. I am filled with a funny sence of calm and quiet. I taste a hint of an apricot sweetness and nutmeg spice. The wood fire aroma stays really well.
The only bad thing is that this wonderful cigar smoked for 50 minutes. I could smoke this one all night. It leaves a wonderful creamy after taste long after you finish. It seems to me that the cigar improved at the half way point and that the sweetness never turned bitter or became intrusive. All in all this Sol Cubano Maduro was a wonderful smoke. I can't wait until I get all of my taste back. I probably missed some of the more intence flavors. This was really fun......didn't mean to step on DD's post. Hope it's ok.......... :D

foodislife said:
A review eh? Ok lets see how I can put words to this:
First and not the question, I know, but still important, the 20 Sol Cubano cigars arrived in a brick that thrills me because I just love that. They are in perfect shape. Each one has passed through my hand and the quality is perfect. (They now sit in my humi, naked in all their glory).
First up so far is the Maduro. It lights with a really nice wood/earth aroma. The burn is even throughout the entire smoke. I am filled with a funny sence of calm and quiet. I taste a hint of an apricot sweetness and nutmeg spice. The wood fire aroma stays really well.
The only bad thing is that this wonderful cigar smoked for 50 minutes. I could smoke this one all night. It leaves a wonderful creamy after taste long after you finish. It seems to me that the cigar improved at the half way point and that the sweetness never turned bitter or became intrusive. All in all this Sol Cubano Maduro was a wonderful smoke. I can't wait until I get all of my taste back. I probably missed some of the more intence flavors. This was really fun......didn't mean to step on DD's post. Hope it's ok.......... :D

nice job food....hey the thread is about the friday deal....now i cant wait for mine....yummy

You didn't step on my thread, man.
Like Stickman said, it's about the Fri deal.

All you did to me was boost my anticipation level!

I'm still waiting for mine. . .

I'm just wondering why Cigar.com can ship UPS to PO box addresses, but no one else can?

Alex, does this mean I can get a humidor (possibly the humi deal you were hinting at) shipped to a PO box?

UPS won't deliver to a PO Box. The PO Box is owned by the United Stated Postal Service (USPS). THe only exception is the boxes at a 'UPS Store' .

Got mine this morning folks....nice tight lil bundle...opened her up and grabbed a connecticut......smell was nice.... fired right up .........burned perfect......lots of smoke....tons of flavor that lasted quite long.........nose was real nice...definatley a keeper