Frigidor

Joined Jun 2006
156 Posts | 0+
IN
hey I seen a 12 bottel wine cooler for 50 bucks. It was marked down and there might be something wrong with it. i didnt look to see if there was something broken on it. Would 50 bucks be a good price to spend on it if nothing was wrong with it and i could turn it into a humidor?

Not a bad price if you think it will be big enough. First think to check does it have a compressor? if it does dont get plain and simple. Next do you think its gonna be big enought? I have a 28 bottle avanti(it cost me about 250 shipped) and about to out grow it but doing pretty good for me.

Absolutely. I have seen small coolers for around 75. Like Talumn said, as long as it doesn't have a compressor (if it does, the fridge will be even smaller), and it will be big enough.

Even if its not big enough, it might be good for overflow in the future. I'm actually thinking of doing this to give me a place to store boxes so I can use my Avanti for singles storage.

Thanks guys for the info. How much do you figure a 12 bottel size once turned into a humidor will hold cigar wise? i have a 300 ct. now and with a few boxes in it, its almost full. I figured the frigador can hold the boxes and my 300ct can still hold the singels. Any one know what kind of work and the price it would be to turn the wine cooler to a frigador? Thanks, Craig

I'm guessing 6-8 boxes depending on shape and size. If it has an adjustable thermostat, you may be able to use that but it may be too cold still. If it can't go above 60 degrees you can put a brewers thermostat in there. Retail for one of those is about 55 bucks. After that, beads or kitty litter should be enough.