Fuel for your torch

Joined Oct 2005
2K Posts | 1+
Lost in translation
Since I have run out of butane and did not like the last brand I bought; I thought this would be a great time to do a poll on what you guys like for torch fuel. Pros and cons of the brand(s) you are using and why you would or would not buy it again.

I used to use Ronson brand but tried Lucienne and loved that stuff. I really noticed a difference between the two brands- the Lucienne burned a lot cleaner, as a result, the the first puffs of my cigars tasted a lot better. It's quadruple refined so it must be good huh? :lol:

I use Vector filtered 5 times, and Xicar. Have never had a bad experiance with either.

im a fan of the colibri stuff.

i guess ill be a fan untill i have problems.
Two cans through the same lighter and i still have no problem.

I've been using Starlite brand wich is what they sell at the closest store. I wasn't aware that there was that much difference in brands. It works fine.

I've been rockin' Colibri in my Colibri and it's done me right. But I'm not a "if its not broke don't fix it" kinda guy, more of a "if it's not broke, you can still mod it up and improve it" kinda guy. So this Vector or Lucienne might be my next try :)

Does anyone know if you can get butane on line? I do not se it in a couple of the usual spots to get assecories

My guess is that there are problems with shipping it that make mail-order cost prohibitive.

All the best,

Joe

Compressed flammable gasses are hard to get mail order because they're classified as a hazardous materials. The hazardous material classification severely restricts shipping options. Carriers also typically charge more for hazardous items.

Basically:
No air shipping - has to go over land or by ship.
No USPS shipping.
Packaging must be clearly marked & meet specifications for commerical shipping of the material in question.

Most places that do ship stuff like this mail order use UPS or FedEx ground unless they're shipping a really large amount.

I bought a torch online from Newark InOne. While it was shipped empty & shouldn't have been marked hazardous, they shipped it in the hazmat packaging anyway. The retail torsch package was in the middle of a bag of some sort of wierd (presumably non-flammable) flaky stuff that wanted to make a huge mess when I opened it. Then the box was several times bigger than it needed to be & covered with warnings.

brennivin said:
I've been rockin' Colibri in my Colibri and it's done me right. But I'm not a "if its not broke don't fix it" kinda guy, more of a "if it's not broke, you can still mod it up and improve it" kinda guy. So this Vector or Lucienne might be my next try :)

when you switch from the colibri fuel to the vector you will notice the diffrence plus for some reason the vector fuel fills the lighter faster than the colibri with less blowback before it fills.