Gas availability in Virginia and North Carolina?

Joined Jan 2005
930 Posts | 0+
PA
Guys,
I'm supposed to be taking my family down to Kitty Hawk on Saturday.

I'm concerned about gas. Has anyone heard about problems with availability?

I was talking to a friend in Boston this morning, and he said that there are a lot of NO GAS signs up there. I have tried to look on Yahoo for more information but can not seem to find any. I'm sure it would not be a problem. I did read this morning, that hotel prices should come down as of the higher gas prices!

I procrastinated on Monday night and saw a gas station for $2.55. I wanted to get home to watch the Monday Night Football and decided to go there on the way to work on Tuesday. I went back and it was $2.97. My wife called me and said there was another gas station closer to work that was $2.80. It took me about 15 minutes to get there, and had went up to $3.05. WTF!!!! Needless to say, I am still on E looking for a bargain.

Anyone wanna buy an 04 Denali???? LOL

I recieved this email today

As you may know, there has been wide speculation about the economic effects of Hurricane Katrina, particularly at the gas pump. Some gas station operators have already hiked their prices as high as $3.39 per gallon for regular unleaded, while others are still charging as "little" as $2.51 (a roughly $15 dollar difference per tank). Here are a couple of web sites that will help you find the cheaper stations closer to you:

http://www.bostongasprices.com

http://www.aaa.com

You do not have to be a AAA member to use this resource. This website will ask you to type in your zip code, and then there is an area on the site called Gas Saving Tips & Tools. Here they have prices for over 85,000 stations nationwide

I hope you find this tip useful. Please don't keep it a secret! Forward it to your friends, family, and colleagues! And remember, I'm never too busy to see if I can help anyone you think might benefit from the work that I do.

As of yet there is no problem getting gas in the Tidewater area. It is creeping up to the 3.00 level.

Thanks guys.

my concern is not so much price ...as long as I can get it.
acoording to state web sites..NC gov want residentsa to conserve along with VA...since the gas supply comes from Loisianna and its down...

I don't want to get down there and not get back :shock:

Ravyn!! I'll be in corolla for the Week leaving Saturday!! We should try and meet up! I haven't heard anything yet in regards to lack of gas, and I do live in Maryland with in laws in Virginia. I work in virginia and as of right now, gas is cheaper in VA then maryland, but no word on shortages! I would say fill up once you get down there, and down little supplemental top offs to make sure you at least have a full tank of gas! in my case, a full tank doesn't get me home, but it'll get me close enough!

Regards,
Paul

The western part of the the state is dealing with some shortages. Im here in the Triad, and there are some here as well. DOnt know muc about the coast though . . . .

Chris

I have miss led you. I bought gas Monday. This afternoon some stations are closed, most prices are right around 3.00, it could get to 4.00 this weekend, some stations are limiting purchases to 50.00. I don't think it will get better this weekend. You might have to look for gas.
There is a small but friendly cigar store in Tim-Buck-Two shopping center in Corolla you might want to check out.

Thanks for the update guys.
We are going down in 3 vehicles. Each vehicle will carry an extra 5 gal of gas just in case.

As a veteran of the last gas crisis, way back when, don't let your tank get below half full.

I have to update you also, the station accross the street from me did a night sale of gas and it got crazy. They are now out. Stations are doing sales for like an hour they drop it 50 cents, and people are going crazy stocking up. We are going to start seeing a shortage here.

just heard on radio that the colonial pipeline is now running..

gas will be slow but is flowing.... AAA said on news most shortages are temp due to overbuying.... like for snowstorm....and milk and bread....

fingers crossed that its not going to be a problem....

I swear...I have such a disdain for people that act like scared sheep :x ......

Yep, the only reason there are shortages is because people are freaking out and filling up all their cars and spare cans and what have you. If people were buying like normal, there would not be a problem.

Chris

troutbum764 said:
Yep, the only reason there are shortages is because people are freaking out and filling up all their cars and spare cans and what have you. If people were buying like normal, there would not be a problem.

Chris

A friend in Atlanta stated that there were people in line to fill up their boats.....