Gift of a Lifetime - Need Help Planning

Joined Jan 2005
1K Posts | 0+
Chicago
Well, when I married my beautiful wife I thought I was the luckiest guy in the world, then I recieved an unthinkable wedding gift and now really feel lucky. I have been blessed with getting a 110 ft yacht for the week of 4th of July with a full 6 man crew, gally, the works :D See link below.

http://www.yachtcharlatan.co.nz/

Needless to say, I feel like I won the lottery.

It was going to be just my wife and myself but we are bringing along another couple that we are friends with that is getting married this year. Anyway, we are flying into Papeete, Tahiti (French Polynesia) and will be able to sail around from there. I have never been to the area and dont know what would be fun but I know a lot of people on the cigar forum are well traveled and could probably help me out. I am picking up some travel books but find that hearing word of mouth from people that have been there works the best. Please help.

Hmm..I know there are Cuban cigars there lol.

Ive not been to the area, but have had friends that have been stationed out in the area, and they say it is absolutly beautiful.

Well, if you need help filling in an empty cabin, let me know!

That is a very sweet looking yacht. You should bring a couple of mortar fireworks to shoot off the deck on the 4th.

I plan to, plus a boat load of cigars. From what research I have compiled Bora Bora is supposed to be the ulitmate destination and there is a special festival that first week in July typically.

cybrus said:
Well, if you need help filling in an empty cabin, let me know!

That is a very sweet looking yacht. You should bring a couple of mortar fireworks to shoot off the deck on the 4th.
I'm SURE he'll be shooting off some fireworks, but they won't be from mortars! :wink:

Wow, Macallan, that's awesome! I've never been to Tahiti (so, I'm not much help.) Do you speak French?

No I have nothing to do with the French or their language. No offense anyone. However, my wife is fluent. I am already setting aside cigars for the voyage even though it is like 8 months away. I am such a dork.

That is a tough week for me, but since I am an expert tour guide &
know all the best places in that part of the world - I am willing
to sacrafice my time & be part of this!
I know what you thinking - damn CC goes above and beyond
the call of duty!
Throwing myself infront of the train -
so to speak!
That is just how Iye Roll!
CC :shock:

Pretty cool, owning your own yacht. I highly recommend CC for the job of Captain and Steward of Smokeables.

cybrus said:
Doc-T - are the mortar type illegal in California?
Almost everything is illegal in CA. Any arial pyrotechnics is prohibited unless you carry the proper permit.