Cigar Trade Gotta love the barter system

Joined May 2004
965 Posts | 0+
Tombstone, AZ
Mr. Bloofington and I did some trading a couple weeks ago. He sent quite a stash of excellent cigars my way. He is too generous.

I digress.

The sticks have been sitting for a while, getting used to my humidors. As I was perusing my wares moments ago, I had occaision to unlock the large, OK, way too big, cabinet humidor. Out of the 2500 or so cigars that it holds, there was a faint cry. One Non Cuban in particular seemed to want to give its life in a devastating blaze. Who am I to say no?

As I do not have the grocery list of cigars he sent at my immediate disposal, I will have to say it appears to be an Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Masterpiece. About 9x52 or so. Good thing I'm retired, this is gonna take a while.

Pre-light construction is flawless. Nice cap, the Xikar made short work of it. Quite a bit of tooth as well. The tapered foot took no time to toast and light. Very good so far. Firm, yet easy draw, just the way I like it. The ash is about as perfect a shade as it gets.

I am about 1/3 the way through this gargantuan cigar, and am quite pleased. So far, hints of pepper, mocha, and ?Indian Tea? Oh, it's different.

I've not yet had an evening libation with it, but may just pour some Jim Beam Black.

After I finish this thing, probably no later than August or so, I'll have a complete review.

Oh boy, yes, it's a Hemingway BLASTerpiece indeed Colonel!!! You chose a football game sized cigar for your evening's smoke. :eek:mg: I'd suggest a heavy glass of Jim Beam Black. I had some Pure Kentucky with a Hemingway Classic just a few hours ago. The measurement on your BLASTerpiece is indeed 9x52. Look for my new review on the Hemingway line coming up in a little while.

I look forward to the review!

This is a prime example of what a fine cigar should be like.

Thank you again. Gotta finish this so I can get back to my tasting notes.

Holy poop 2500 or so cigars! I could only imagine to have that many to choice from. Lucky man.

Regards
Martin