Gran Habano Corojo #5 Gran Robusto Review

Joined Aug 2004
2K Posts | 0+
Chicago Born/Raised. Hollywood CA Resident
Appearance and Construction: 15/15

Appearance: A rich and oily, dark brown wrapper with an intense, solid, very dense feel.
Construction: Solid all around construction with a triple cap and an even burn the entire way down. A slow but beautiful draw.

Flavor and Body: 22/25

While warming the foot I noticed an almost smoky citrus aroma with a bit of spice at the first couple draws. Prominent woods with a creamy aftertaste. Medium to Full flavor with a subtle full body which progressively builds, and hits you at the end. Not many new characteristics developed as I smoked this cigar. A consistent Robust flavor with a rich aroma.

Smoking Characteristics: 23/25

A slow draw to start and a slow burn the entire way down, this cigar requires some time. The even burn was consistent with a light grey to white ash that wouldn’t budge and had to be pulled off every inch or so. Nice thick, woodsy smoke with very subtle spice. This cigar had an almost silent power that snuck up on me at the end, developing into a bold full-bodied smoke. Solid and heavy the whole way through.

Overall Impression: 30/35

The pre-light aroma reminded me of a damp log. The heavy feel, firm to the touch, and oily wrapper made me anxious to light this one up. This could easily set the standard for what a Corojo should taste like. A solid smoke from beginning to end with the only surprise being an unexpected punch at the end, which stays with you a while after you’re done. Give this cigar a good hour and a half. Not too many flavors developed, keeping this a fairly simple and consistent cigar. What you start with is pretty much what you get with the exception of body.

Overall Rating 90/100
What do you all think?

Send me a few, I'll get back to ya. Hey, don't waste postage, send some Anacondas as well.

I just received five free with my order from Famous Smoke Shop. After smoking the first one, I went in and ordered a full box, which by the way comes with the same five free offer.

Definitely one of my have in the humidor at all times cigar. This review pretty much sums up what I experienced. This cigar has a nice thick rich smoke.

Nice review, cigarsmoka.

cigarsmoka said:
What do you all think?
I keep a couple in my humidor. I like them. But, if I had to choose I prefer Punch's corojo.

Well, I enjoyed the punch the other day, so I'll have to pick up a few of these. New things are great