Great beer with a cigar

Joined Oct 2007
16 Posts | 0+
Boston
Hey guys...new to the forum..had to share my love of the new bass ale draught cans...probably the best beer you could ever have at your house unless you have a built in bar...great flavor to blend with a nice cigar

Gotta dissagree with you there. Nothing like a good belguim trappist ale!!!
Welcome to the forum!!!

ClarkBass said:
the new bass ale draught cans...probably the best beer you could ever have at your house unless you have a built in bar...

you can try to say what the best beer is. you can debate it all you want.

no one will ever agree. its like pizza toppings... nobody likes exactly the same thing.

(personally i like almonds and cinnimon)

i do like bass ale though...

i dont drink beer with cigars that often, if ever.

Ill have to try one of those trappist ales...always up to try a new tasty ale...also a big fan of the sam adams octoberfest.. :p

kuzi16 said:
i dont drink beer with cigars that often, if ever.

I am the same way - thought I was the only one out there like that. Had a lot of tawny port with cigars lately - that's the ticket for me.

Cinnamon and Almonds......on pizza? You should see someone about that. :roll:

New to the forum. I have found that any beer that you brewed yourself is the best beer to have with any cigar. Have been brewing for 18 years and have yet to find a beer that I brewed that does not go great with a cigar.

I had a hot coco on the way to my stand the other morning while smoking a RP 1990 and it was very good together.

Fort Collins Retro Red goes well with most cigars, IMHO.
It has great flavor, but is not strong enough to over power the cigar and does not leave much of an after taist.

my favorite beer with a cigar is a good stout. Russina imperials tend to be really good, but the cigar better be dark and flavorful to stand up to the stout.

I am a coffee and cigar fan. My favorite combo. I will also have a snifter of scotch, bourbon, Gran Marinier, dark rum, or Port along with the coffee and cigar from time to time; but the coffee an cigar usually go together. I do not however ever drink beer and coffee with the cigar, just coffee and liquor or port.

Well, I love beer, and I love cigars. I've never done them together, though. I've never had a beer that I thought would be able to stand up to the flavors of anything but a very mild cigar. Imperial Stouts are a good idea though, and my advice would be to avoid the overly hoppy ones, a beer with that much roasted barley is often bitter enough without a west-coast style hopload. Rouge's Imperial is often completely undrinkable for a year or two after release, and that's without having to worry about a cigar alongside!

I drink Chimay Blue frequently with my cigars. Honestly though I much prefer a good bourbon with my smokes.

elidog said:
I drink Chimay Blue frequently with my cigars. Honestly though I much prefer a good bourbon with my smokes.

Coomon Steve, you are just like me. As long as there is alcohol involved we are happy. Heck, throw in some double stuffed oreos and I am in heaven.

I've been drinking Shiner Bohemian Bkack Lager when I smoke. It is a wonderfully smooth dark beer. Sorry fellas, as far as I know, its only available in Texas. Maybe not.

And per Steve, I have tried Chimay with a cigar and absolutely love it!

No more Miluakee's Best Light for me!!!

DL

Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout has long been a favorite of mine, perhaps 20 years, and it has the flavor to stand up to a strong cigar.