Great Beers

By Sunday, ha, ha, haaaaaaaaaa!!! That's right, just in time for football. Maybe that could be a three game Sunday assignment. Buy as many as you can drink during the three games, and post a review before the week is out, hee, hee, heee!!!

Better yet. Make 2 posts. One at the end of game 3, and the other the next day so you can see what you wrote.

cmontgomery said:
Better yet. Make 2 posts. One at the end of game 3, and the other the next day so you can see what you wrote.

hahahaha, imagine the jibberish

phisherman said:
Wow, this is a bitcomplex of a form. I hope it fills out and reads as easy on the forum. I think I like the idea of a 1-20 scale. Beter than the 6 we use for cigars, but not as intese as a 100 point scale. What do you guys think?

it's actually not that bad.....the rating is either 1-5 or 1-10, and the overall is a 1-20. I did it that way because initially we felt that some beers were getting a better/poorer rating than they deserved because of categories like Aroma, and Palate. I personally am able to discern different nuances in aroma and palate, whereas some of the others...actually one, was unable to tell the difference between a Weisse, and a Porter. It was essentially a failsafe to be able to make up some points for a beer that you thought was very good, but got a lackluster score because it was a bad poor, looked crappy, weren't able to absorb the aromas...etc.

All of that other stuff is just for personal reference. If I find a several beers that i have checked the same flavor notes, I like to go back and try them again and see if I get the same results.

as an example....

I'll use Ommegang Hennepin - 7.7% - Saison
#4 on the list

Aroma - 7 out of 10
Appearance - 4 out of 5
Flavor - 6 out of 10
Palate - 3 out of 5
Overall - 18 out of 20

Total of 38

Total score of 3.8

The reason we give some categories higher totals is because we felt they were more important than the others, again, just our way.

Very interesting. I'll have to scrutinize this in more detail some time. I also love the subject beer. Can't go wrong with an Ommegang.

Went into my local smoke shop today. When I was trying to decide what beer to drink the bartender sugested the new Stone IPA 11th anniversary. It was amazingly dark for an IPA. Overall a very good brew. Unfortunately I had to rush about half way through. Would have really enjoyed it more if I would have taken my time.