Gurkha Expedition Robusto

Joined Jan 2007
2K Posts | 5+
Enjoying Life!
Hi all,

I got sent a box of these by mistake. Has anyone had any experiance with them. I may end up keeping them, just wanted a little input befor cracking open the plastic around the box.

Craig

Wish someone would send me a box of Gurkhas by mistake. Hope those turn out well for you, and that you get what you ordered as well.

SWilson80 said:
Wish someone would send me a box of Gurkhas by mistake. Hope those turn out well for you, and that you get what you ordered as well.

Unfortunately, If I keep them I buy them. But, may be worth it. Hopefuly someone has had some experiance with them.

Out of the Ghurka lineup, these are my least favorite. They aren't a bad smoke, they're just not quite "my" cup of tea.

It's hard to describe what it is about them I dont particularly like but expect something milder if you do wind up keeping them. I'm pretty sure Kuzi did a review of one followed up by a regent review. If I remember right - the reviews were pretty much spot on.

My personal faves from Ghurka:
centurian XX perfecto (super delicioso and expensive - I got mine on special)
"101" blend (I try to keep these around at all times)
masters select (these have so grown on me... I cant wait to try the maduro version)
regent (can you say smooth/creamy/consistant?)

Others I have but probably wont go out of my way to restock.
X-Fuerte (they're good, just not quite on par with my faves)
Legend (the robusto's didnt impress me, the perfecto's did and may make it into a regular rotation)
expedition - (so/so... if they come as a freebie fine, I wont pay for em though)
I have a X3 (triple ligero) in the humi but wanna wait another 2 weeks before firing it up.

FishStix said:
. I'm pretty sure Kuzi did a review of one followed up by a regent review. If I remember right - the reviews were pretty much spot on.

Ive reviewed a few Gurkhas. However, this is not one of them. the two in a row you're thinkin of are the Regent then the Nepalese Warrior. the other one was a Centurian.

that being said, i have never met a gurkha i didnt like. if you keep the box be ready to pay anywhere from 100 - 150 for em (depending on size and where they came from)

I haven't fully decided yet, but the box will cost me $79. Just over $3/stick, so not to steep.

kuzi16 said:
FishStix said:
. I'm pretty sure Kuzi did a review of one followed up by a regent review. If I remember right - the reviews were pretty much spot on.

Ive reviewed a few Gurkhas. However, this is not one of them. the two in a row you're thinkin of are the Regent then the Nepalese Warrior. the other one was a Centurian.

that being said, i have never met a gurkha i didnt like. if you keep the box be ready to pay anywhere from 100 - 150 for em (depending on size and where they came from)

Ahh. there you go - thanks kuzi. I think the reason why I didnt pick it out is because I smoked a Napalese as well. I felt it was as compareable as the expedition.

Ok. I decided to fire one up with my coffee this morning. This is also my first attempt at a real review.

Wrapper--Smooth with slight veins throughout

Pre-light draw was good

Initial burn- was good with a couple of slight fixes, I attribute this to only being in my humi for 4 days.

Flavor--
1st- 1/3rd-- Slight hint of spices with a creamy finish, pretty light smoke.
2nd- 1/3rd-- A little more spice flavor still with the creamy flavor, becoming a light to medium smoke.
Final- 1/3rd-- More spice, still consistent with the creamy finish. Still a light to medium smoke, but closer to medium.

I had no wrapper issues, or draw issues throughout the smoke, and went quite well with my morning coffee.

Smoke time 1 hour 15 minutes

I would give this 3.5 stars, but since we don't give half stars I will round it down to a 3.

Will definately keep the box, good smoke with morning Java

I found the expedition to be a little disappointing next to some of the other Gurkah lines.

I got 5 sticks for free with something I ordered. I'm hoping a little age will help.

biggeek69 said:
I found the expedition to be a little disappointing next to some of the other Gurkah lines.

I got 5 sticks for free with something I ordered. I'm hoping a little age will help.

*Gurkha (fat fingered the keyboard)