Habanos Reviews

Romeo y Julieta Belicoso
Box Code: PEL ENE 01
Measurements: 5 ½ x 52
Size: Campana

Pre light
An oily belicoso with a slightly wrinkled wrapper, the pre-light aroma and flavor is of honey and cedar. The cigar appears to be well-constructed and cuts easily.

1 Third
The cigar is easy to light and has a wonderful cedar aroma. The draw is good releasing more of these flavors in the mouth. There is a slight sweetness to the wrapper. The cigar appears to be almost mild- to medium-bodied and is incredibly smooth.

2 Third
The cigar is burning well, and the flavors of honey and cedar are consistent. The ash is flaky and falling indiscriminately on my keyboard as I’m typing. There is a slight peppery note on the finish.

Last third
The aroma is still very nice, and the flavors are the same. A relight was required.

Overall impression:
This cigar has nice construction and mellow flavors. I prefer the Exhibiciion #4 overall. I don’t see myself putting a box of these in the humidor any time soon.

Rating:
3/6 smoke rings (an average cigar)

Diplomaticos #1
Box Code: ARA JUN 00
Measurements: 42 x 6.5
Size: Lonsdale (Cervantes)
Discontinued in 2006

Pre light
A medium-brown wrapper covers this slender cigar. There are no prominent veins. The cigar is topped off with an elegant triple cap. After cutting, the pre-light aroma and flavors are of honey, tea, and earth.

1 Third
The cigar lights without incident and opens up very smooth. The prominent flavors are mineral in nature with a hint of coffee bean and cream. The mineral flavors build in strength after about the first inch.

2 Third
The draw is good on the cigar with no signs of plugging. There is a slight grassiness on the finish. The ash is charcoal gray in color and falls loosely from the foot. There was a bit of an uneven burn that corrected itself without incident.

Last third
The mineral flavors are smoothing out with hints of floral flavors. The cigar leaves the palate moist, and the aroma is not overpowering. The cigar ends smooth with a perfume fragrance.

Overall impression:
A well-constructed cigar with a good draw and burn. The flavors are a change of pace from other marcas. I will have to revisit this box in a few months.

Rating:
4/6 smoke rings (a good cigar)

Montecristo A
Box Code: PEL ABR 01
Measurements: 47 x 9.17
Size: Gran Corona

Pre light
It’s a nice, mild day here in Ohio. The sun is shining, and I have the day off from work. What better way to relax than with this big cigar. The wrapper is a medium-brown shade with few prominent veins. It is slightly rough to the touch. The head is covered with a nice triple cap. The pre-light aromas are of mild earth with a pre-light taste of cedar and tea.

1 Third
After lighting I took a few strong puffs to really get the cigar going. It immediately starts off with light flavors of coffee and honey. There is a slight peppery finish about an inch into the cigar. The flavors are really beginning to build into a rich, leathery smoke; definitely what one would expect with a good Montecristo. The ash is very loose and falls flush with the foot. The burn has been very even, but I did have to relight once so far.

2 Third
The draw has been excellent and the flavors are rich but smooth. The cigar is about the size of a corona gorda now. The smoke has gone from thin to thick and back again, but the aroma is fantastic. This has been an excellent cigar so far. It just seems to be very well-balanced; full flavors but not strong enough to make one want to put it down.

Last third
Earthy flavors are becoming a bit more apparent with a slight mineral finish. One last relight was required. The burn, draw, and richness of flavor have been consistent throughout. Overall smoking time was approximately 2.5 hours.

Overall Impressions
A really big cigar that lived up to expectations. Rich in flavor but not overly strong, it was a real pleasure to smoke. The only downside is the amount of time required, but if one has the time I say go for it.

Score
5/6 smoke rings (an excellent cigar)

Excited review... i will give you 5 star for this review.. this product Measurements, Size, Box etc are really good looking.. thanks

Great place to go and enjoy a great cigar and a great habanos. I just ordered a box. Looks like a good retailer. It would be nice to have more reviews here. I’ll post when I get them. Anybody else.. cigaraficionadoblog.com

Last edited: