Have they done something to Southern Comfort?

Joined Aug 2004
917 Posts | 0+
Central Texas
I'm not a heavy drinker, but when I was in a liquor store the other day, I saw all the Southern Comfort was distinctly red. What the . . . ? It's been the usual amber color for decades, but this was, no doubt about it red.

In all proofs.

Anyone know what's going on?

SC

I think they just changed the bottle and label. Looks normal when you pour it.

I was in a store yesterday, and i think the red color was coming from that red label that they stuck near the bottom front of the bottle, because it did look red displayed with each other.

the proof is lower , was 86.8 at one time, now it is 80 , i doint drink the stuff unless I have nothing else to drink, it was a favorite of an older lady who lived up the street when I was a mear teenager , needless to say I did more than Cut her grass for her hahahaha , dammmmmm now if she would have been a school teacher she would have been arrested , Now she is in her 90's & still enjoys a little "Comfort" when ever she can get it hahahaha

Hey, wait a second. I only know about a 100 proof Southern Comfort, and a 76 proof one. I'm going to their web site and bring back any information I can find that might be useful here.

I can't access their web site, because of my computer's "issues." I'll see if I can dig up a definitive source on their product line.