Hello all :)

Joined Apr 2013
17 Posts | 0+
New York
hello to all the pros of the cigar world, im just turned 18 on april 22nd, and since a while back ive always had this facination with cigars, seeing someone smoking a cigar automatically makes me have a great amount of respect for that person, Today i bought myself 6 new cigars, and i have yet to smoke any of them... i have never smoked a cigar in my life, nor have i ever touched a cigarette, the only thing i have smoked was some mary jane... except those days are over for me because i am working my way out of highschool now and getting into Local#3 electricians union. so i have decided to make the transition to cigars, i would love to start my own collection, but as of right now i know basically absolutely nothing about them, so im hoping to learn from the veterans like you guys on this forum! :D

Hi! Welcome to the forum! There is a ton info to learn about cigars. Ask questions and I'm sure people on here will be more than happy to help.

I'll start off by giving you some advice:

Number 1: don't spend any more money on cigars until you have smoked several and determined how far you want to take this new adventure and if you even like them. Cigar smoking is a very slippery slope and can cost a lot of money. The good thing is that it is an enjoyable hobby. Humidor maintainence is akin to maintaining a fish tank. Another plus is that you will meet some very great people and develope friendships as a result of the hobby.

Second, DON'T INHALE.

Again, welcome in. Ask questions!

DL

Last edited:
robusto is probably what they were- that is a cigar of around 5" and a fifty ring or thereabouts. Padrons are considered to be very good.

A $12 Padron was probably a 1964. Wonderful cigars! You are spoiling yourself early! But hey, it's cool. At least you are starting with a good cigar. I think someone new to cigars can be ruined and quit immediately if the smoke a bad cigar at the beginning.

As tony said, "robusto" is referring to to size. 5" x 50 ring sounds right though it may slightly vary depending on the manufacturer.

DL

Robustos have to be one of my favorite sizes of all time. Padron is a really nice cigar for sure.